req: Multithreading – performance issu large map

Home Forums General Discussion req: Multithreading – performance issu large map

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    coujou
    Participant

I am not a programmer, I just copied the suggestion, I don’t even know, what it means 🙂 It could be bad idea, ok, but why the devs remain silent? That is the point 😉

Maybe you are more patient. I also would be, if I had time. Now I play TF as a relax between studying. But this is not relax, it makes me mad 😀 I also like to have lags around 2230… I don’t have a lag only every month, the game is laggy all the time. Now, in the new game, after 25 years it stutters when zooming, when changing the position of the camera, even without mouse movement the vehicles are not moving smoothly.

Blokker_1999
    Participant

So,

I did sent them an e-mail last saturday and was surprised that I already received an answer today. I did ask them if they could put a response on these forums, but since they responded to me in my e-mail, i’ll simply pastr the answer here:

————————————————————————————————————————-

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback about Train Fever.
    We’ve mentioned some times that we’re going to address the late game
    performance in a future patch.
    This will take some more time but will be done in the near future.
    I’ve added your second point to our buglist.

Greetings
    Mikael
    Urban Games

Krogoth_mk2
    Participant

I wasn’t suggesting that the game should be re-implimented in .NET or anything, I was merely using it as an example that people are more familiar with. I was simply pointing out that a temporary fix could be to use something like threadpool or something similar, to handle the newly created threads while they optimized them properly. As you yourself stated,

You need a solid solution splitting the mathematical equation into smaller parts and across more cores

which is exactly what I was suggesting, but it takes time, and not everyone is willing to wait that long.

However, their Beta testing was obviously not up to scratch

Beta testing is a pain, you can spend lots of time and money on it, but it don’t guarantee results. To give you an example, I had an app beta tested and I’d fixed the problems they’d found, passed it to my gf to try and within 5min she found a major bug that they’d missed. Nothing is 100%, but I agree that it should have been picked up on and at least had a statement or two.

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.