(Request) Keep early bridges!

Home Forums General Discussion (Request) Keep early bridges!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    simonmd
    Participant

Not sure if this hasn’t been suggested before but I am so tired of looking at the ‘modern’ bridges, I had to say something. Am I the only one who finds both of them (wow, yes just 2 to choose from) totally UGLY? One looks like it has been totally over engineered (the grey box bridge) and the other one just looks like a flipping cartoon! The bright red texture is just plain awful, yet I find myself choosing this one as the grey one hides the trains in a mess of steel!

If there are no new models on the horizon, can we at least keep the old ones as well as the new? The wooden trestle bridge has a nice charm, especially in a mountainous industrial setting and the stone viaduct type is classic and elegant. Both these models are very nicely done so WHY did the modern ones turn out so awful? Wouldn’t be hard to either keep the old as an option or at least retexture the stone bridge to look like concrete if you insist on changing the look……. Please?

medopu
    Participant

(I like the modern bridges)

Traian Trante
    Participant

go to:

trainfever/res/config/bridge

find the files there. for example: “rail_iron_old.lua”

change the:

yearTo = 1925,

to

yearTo = 2050,

😛

Varana
    Participant

Thanks Traian, and I completely agree with simonmd. Well, not completely – I don’t particularly care for wooden bridges. But those bright red or grey modern bridges are ugly. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.