Road bridges and crossings ??? HOW ??

Home Forums General Discussion Road bridges and crossings ??? HOW ??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    theuros
    Participant

From my experience is almost imposssible to build roads over existing tracks. My station and tracks are preventing city expand … so i wanted to build roads to the other side .. which is impossible ..  I never succeded to build road over existnig tracks .. you must first have the road and then you can build tracks … so I tryed to create a bridgle .. no luck there …

has anyone any way o achieve this ?? .. is there a trick to do it ? ..   this is realy iritating …

thanx for any advice

hert
    Participant

You cant build roads over tracks, only the other way around. As for bridges you can use the M key to raise the road for nice looking bridges.

Mordeth65
    Participant

If you do not want bridges, delete that section of track.  Lay your road, then redo the track.

Klinn
    Participant

See this thread for both rail and road bridges over railway routes: http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/bridges-over-lines/  Many examples included.

theuros
    Participant

thanx for info .. I hope this will be resolved in some near patch.

leew
    Participant

Building a road over a railway is easy, drag a section of road across the track, roughly at right angles to the track and with the section of road about as long as the shortest station platform so that the railway line is in the middle of the road section.  Now press the ‘M’ key a few times and the road should raise up and a bridge appear, now click the green tick, voila.  If the bridge does not appear then you may need to make the piece of road longer.

Traian Trante
    Participant

OMG !!! The M key….. And i was having such a  hard time raising terrain, making sure you can drag the bridge across the track, etc….. OMG !!!

MrHoot
    Participant

Thanks leew!  I was a little frustrated at bridge building until I read your post.  No more swearing!

Maj_Solo
    Participant

I think the road bridges over rail are not very nice looking so I now exclusively dig a tunnel under the rail everytime everywhere. Use the m/n keys.

theuros
    Participant

thank you very much .. didn’t know about those “n,m” keys  …. my life is easier now…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.