Running TF

Home Forums General Discussion Running TF

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GeoffersH
    Participant

A few questions about running Train Fever.

1…..When starting a new game. Do you have to start at the beginning in the 1800’s or can you skip forward, and start a game say, starting the 1930’s or any other time period?

2…..How many saved scenarios will you be able to save, so that you can reload them at a later date?

3…..If further material becomes available, like new locos and vehicles, how will these affect scenarios already in operation. In other words, would the new vehicles only be allowed to appear in new started games.

jm764
    Participant

All of this is cover in my first LP video, but I’ll summarize it for you.

1. 1850, 1900, & 1950 are the only starting years at the time of this post and must be unlocked by reaching them ingame (unsure if they’ll change it or not).

2. Unlimited, or untill you run out of hard drive space. (Note the average savefile & autosave is ~250 for the largest map each and auto sves DONT overwrite themselves by default)

3. The developers said theyre more conserned about fixing/adding new content to the game for testing than trying to make pervious saves compatible with newer versions of the beta so most of the time a new save is required.

douglas
    Participant

1. Options are 1850, 1900 and 1950. You need to play in 1850 first and once you reach 1900 you can forever start games at this date.

2. Until you fill your entire hard drive.

3. I don’t know. But I highly doubted you need to start a new game to use a new DLC for example, or a vehicle added by mod. Its just not how game works. Not TF or other games.

Mansen
    Participant

Not entirely true, JM. Autosaves DO overwrite themselves – But because of the way they are named, you’ll have one for each year you play.

I’ve had success compressing my saves folder through File Explorer (Windows) – might work for you. There’s been some discussion about having the game delete old autosaves though. We’ll see what the devs think. 🙂

GeoffersH
    Participant

Thank you all for your answers. I am glad that you have a choice of start periods, once you reach the 1900 and 1950 periods.

Mansen
    Participant

It’s basically achievement based – Once you hit 1900 you get an achievement that unlocks it for future games. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.