Signals

Home Forums General Discussion Signals

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bkim
    Participant

Hi all,

In the last four days i picked up Train Fever and so far i like it. It is a very “mouse clicky” game. One thing that bothers me are the signals. I use a lot one way tracks. First i place all signals. But then i have to set 98% at one way. I really hate that task. Would it be an option for the future to split them up in the building menu so we can choose between either a one way signal or a two way signal?

Grtz Bee

lankygit
    Participant

I was using the TTD mentality for a long time – lots and lots of signal blocks for each line. TF doesn’t really require such frequent spacing of signals. So I place less and click less.

Greno Zee
    Participant

Plus, if you separate an uninterrupted track into sections, you really need only the last signal to be one way, to prevent trains from other direction from entering the track.

Bkim
    Participant

I do not want to make a comparison between games. This game has a lot of good features from other games.  For me (personally) gameplay is important. I just want my map to look good so i use loads of signals, even if they are not necessary. Like those train yards, after i have build them i want all signals to be correct. But yeah, a workaround could be only to place the signals that really matter…

Tom
    Keymaster

Bkim, as the others above said, it is often not necessary to place a lot of signals on a track. But if you want to have a lot of them and avoid clicking too much, why not only change the last signal. I will make the whole section a one way, because trains cannot enter from the other side.

I will add your suggestion to our wishlist anyway!

Best,
    Tom

Bkim
    Participant

Thanks Tom!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.