Slope too high??? Impossible to build railroad tracks

Home Forums General Discussion Slope too high??? Impossible to build railroad tracks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    bloomswarm
    Participant

Im quite puzzled how difficult it is to build railroad tracks in the game, it seems bugged and broken.

I get the message slope too high every few minutes when i build tracks and there is nothing i can do about it except remove the whole line and try it somewhere else and hope that it works there

Game is unplayable like this except when u focus on trucks.

http://i.imgur.com/hSI3ABo.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZAfZ4jD.png

Why???? Game over?

bloomswarm
    Participant

bloomswarm
    Participant

A railroad track? Nope….

bloomswarm
    Participant

This is like 5 minutes of me playing…. Did anyone beta test this before releasing it for 35 bucks?

Azrael
    Participant

dude, ever thought about, that the slope is really to high for your trains?
    I played this game for several hours alrdy and only had very few cases of such occurances.
    And when it happened, either I did a mistake or it was a little strange, trying to build it from the other end, so in your case out of the station onto the bridge often solved the problem.
    The game has its little flaws right now but which game hasn’t after release? Give it some patches, which the devs are alrdy working on and it becomes a long missed jewel in the tycoon genre.

bloomswarm
    Participant

Im sorry im not interested in your “other games are broken too” babbling. You can read this kind of argumentation all over the internet from people who dont know the value of money. I dont spend 40 bucks on something that doesnt work. If you do, thats your thing (or your parents). I dont need advice on what to expect for my money. I expect a working, non frustrating, tested out game experience. The tutorial on railways completely misses out to even mention that magic mechanic you claim this game has regarding rails going up and down slopes.

But yes…… After a lot of fiddling around with the tracks they match up at some point. If you dont completely ruin the landscape with tunnels and tracks going into the ground, that is.

douglas
    Participant

Slope is too high indeed. I can see from the picture, without contour lines that is huge. The trains cannot go in such degree.

Play in flat maps for now, till you learn more about tre track. Hilly maps are very challenging. You have to be really careful. In beta test we tested this. And we went bankrupt many times.

Sometimes you will have to do this: http://www.scenicreflections.com/files/Train_Through_Mountains_Wallpaper_e5v4w.jpg

Go around the mountain till you are up enough.

Train Fever does not have this: http://wfiles.brothersoft.com/t/the-train-for-climbing-mountains_192324-1600×900.jpg

You cannot climb any degree. And no cargo goes in trains like that. Sometimes you will just have to use trucks. Not all lands are suitable for trains.

douglas
    Participant

Oh and specially not with the tracks you are using. High speed tracks tolerate even less slope.

bloomswarm
    Participant

That makes sense

Thanks, its working better now

leew
    Participant

I don’t think you understand how railways work.  Basically trains have smooth metal wheels which run on smooth metal rails.  If the slope of a track is too steep then the wheels will slip on the rails and the train won’t be able to climb the slope.  Have a look at some real railways, do they go up steep hills?  (rack railways and funicular railways don’t count here, train-fever only features “adhesion” railways at the moment).  You will probably find that where a real railway needs to overcome a steep incline then there will be zig-zags or spirals in the line (Have a look at the Gotthard railway in Switzerland to see good examples of spirals.  In train-fever you need to do exactly the same to overcome a steep incline.  This is not a fault with the game, it’s realism.

leew
    Participant

You need to build the track with a more gentle gradient, the shallower the better.  If you turn on contour lines it will give you a better idea of the terrain.  Something like the red line in this picture may work for you:

FrancoisH
    Participant

I think you should just build your line from the station, adding it small bit by small bit. The longer is the track you build, flatter the game is trying to make it. If you draw shorter tracks section, they will be closer to the ground.

Mansen
    Participant

That wouldn’t help here at all, Francois. The slope is just too steep in this scenario. You’ll need to do a longer, less sloped path around the hill instead – Just like in real life.

Dolph
    Participant

I had problems with this at the start too, but after a while I realized that before building a track it’s important to get the camera at a low angle from the ground. This gives you a much better grasp of what the terrain looks like and where and how to build. It also helps avoiding building to industries that are placed on top of hills, if you don’t want to go through the troubles. Good luck! It’s a tricky game

Berry
    Participant

Just get the landscaping tool and make the terrain a bit higher if you really insist in making a stupid route straight down the cliff of a mountain…

Kind of annoying that people who do not know how to play this game come here to complain that the game doesn’t work…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.