Slope too high??? Impossible to build railroad tracks

Home Forums General Discussion Slope too high??? Impossible to build railroad tracks

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    bloomswarm
    Participant

And then they meet people like you hanging around here! No, thanks!

Dolph
    Participant

Yeah, take it easy, we’re all still learning here and frustration can be a part of it

douglas
    Participant

Calm down people. The OP already said he understand the problem.

bencze
    Participant

Actually the whole track building is very restrictive imo. I understand some people would want some realism but compared to the size of the maps those curves are HUGE sometimes.

Yesterday I spent 1.5 hours and depleted my 10M credit to build 1 point to point track (aprox. 1/4 medium map long so a short one) because it looked almost impossible (mountain and curve at same time), all the time having slope too high problems. Often I build a track part for a fortune only having to destroy it later. Maybe a full refund for a limited time would solve this ‘undo’ kind of issue.

Nique
    Participant

Then at start begin with a ‘flat’ map. You make 70 million in just 60 years without any problem.

dakdak99
    Participant

I posted this over the weekend to help people who have issues with slopes, a “how to” for building train tracks on hills:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=310619664

Mansen
    Participant

Great guide Dak. 🙂

Person012345
    Participant
    lightrail
    Participant

You’re trying t build a railway up the side of a mountain. Have you ever taken a train through the mountains or hills – they tend yo wind around a lot to gain altitude or go through tunnels.

Turn on the contours. The use the slope feature to set a slope (for steam use the lowest slope option), then build your track up the hill crossing the contours. If the contour lines are too close together, you’ll have to go at an angle and you might even have to plan turns. It takes a lot of time and practice to engineer a line over the mountains.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.