Small Texture Upgrade : Grass, Riverbed and Cropfields

Home Forums Modding Small Texture Upgrade : Grass, Riverbed and Cropfields

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    starman001
    Participant

Hi all,

just thought I post it here too… I made a small texture update to the terrain… Certainly nothing special, didn’t took me very long, but it’s still an upgrade and makes it look a bit more pretty 🙂 You can download here :

http://www.train-fever.net/filebase/index.php/Entry/37-Texture-Upgrade-for-grass-riverbed-and-crop-fields/

If someone here knows how to make normalmaps, that would be nice, since I haven’t upgraded those… Just 5 maps needed…  or maybe some simple hints, or good tutorials for older photoshop versions, then i can deliver myself…(next weekend 😉 )

Cheers

Starman

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by starman001.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by starman001.
    olahaldor
    Participant

Check nDo. It’s a plugin for Photoshop to instantly make normal maps. There are others out there as well, but I don’t use them or know their name.

starman001
    Participant

I only have PS7, but thanks for the info, i take a look

starman001
    Participant

Ok, I tried. Originalgame had normalmaps for the cropfields, but adding normalmaps has absolut no visible effect on the landtexture, even though I’m already running on max detail. So at the moment I don’t think it makes sense to add them to the package…

Nique
    Participant

Does this mod also remove 50% of the fog? I mean, the ‘general’ fog is really dirty (brown) and it makes the game look dull. Fog shouldn’t be brown but white-blueish like the real atmosphere on earth. For me, i constantly think about mars. How would it be if the terrain was rusty red? Mars 😛

starman001
    Participant

Honestly, I haven’t even notices any fog 🙂 , So I’m not fully sure what you mean. If it’s a line of sight you are talking, I haven’t noticed that it is limited.. Even when I tilt the camera, I can nearly see the entire map. As I described, I only changed these 5 parts…

But if you want a marsian texture, that can be easily done 😉

Also, I just found the other terrain texture mod right now (which also changes smoke and skydome)… And the grass texture in this mod is way better than mine, on the other hand, I like my riverbed much more 🙂 For the time being, it might be necessary that you pick a little from here and there… These are just simple tga-files which you can copy and paste in the texture folder.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by starman001.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.