Some future ideas

Home Forums General Discussion Some future ideas

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Rustyrockets
    Participant

First of all , I want to congratulate the entire team and fans for the great game that is Train Fever.  Hope the devs and fans will show as much love and care for the game afterwards the release as well.

These are some future ideas which might have been already mentioned or not , it’s just a simple list , that i think i would like in future if possible.

1-Getting spectacular skyscrappers and Landmarks on completion of certain task or on the City reaching certain size via population or size or recieving certain amountof different goods .(gives that special touch to the city that u probably will name after your hometown.). of course this can also be done by modding.

2-More goods and production chains .

3-Aeroplane ,ships ,helicopter and maybe rockets for space leisure.

4-High Speed bullet trains and maglev(i dont know if it already exist in game)

5- I hope the american mod pack has Bluegrass music and a way to place Goldengate bridge.

This is just a short list of my ideas about the game ,which i agree might not be what everyone likes ,,but hey it’s a just a perspective  and something that might be useful to make this a great game.

Looking forward to play the game on september 4th

Mansen
    Participant

One of our beta modders have already managed to create several new industries – Without unique building meshes though, but it’s a great proof of concept. 🙂

Rustyrockets
    Participant

Kudos for the modders and Fanbase for putting selfless work like that in the project . This game seems has all the ingridients for being a great game.And I hope that in future we will see more new things

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

What about Metro railways!?

killkenny1
    Participant

Dunno if this was already mentioned somewhere, but I thing upgradable stations would be nice. Haven’t seen if this is possible in beta.

Say in 1950 you build a double track 160m station. 100 years later the demand has grown and you require a 4 track 320m station. So you click on the station and upgrade it from there. If there’s nothing in its way the upgrade should be relatively cheap (due to already existing infrastructure). However if there’s something in the way (house, roars, etc.), then the cost to upgrade should rise (station cost + property cost). Same goes for cargo terminals.

Rustyrockets
    Participant

@killkenny1- Yes that’s a good idea .And I think a lot of people have commented already on the bigger /upgradable stations . I would definetly love to see more than tens of platform and lines in a station .

Rustyrockets
    Participant
    GeoffersH
    Participant

Lost your voice Rustyrockets? I don’t see any text lol.

Rustyrockets
    Participant

@GeoffersH-  lol Actually posted the same thing twice , so removed the content form that post but didn’t knew how to delete it so .

killkenny1
    Participant

Few more things:

Easier vehicle upgrades. Click on train, push the “Upgrade” button, select locomotive/cars, and then have an option to only upgrade this particular set of the entire line.

“Snapping” stations. When you build a new station next to another, you can snap the new one to the old, just like the double/triple/n-tracks work. Not a biggy, but certainly would help the people with OCD :D.

I think Mansen and jm mentioned these things in their vids as well.

Mansen
    Participant

Yeah there’s a lot of small things that could be added that would have a big effect on the “quality of life” for the player. Upgrading stations, snapping stations onto tracks, replacing vehicles.

The beta forums are filled with suggestion threads like these, and I imagine the devs have already made a long list of things they want to add post-release. 🙂

Fredd886
    Participant

If adding airplane then i hope it wont be as profitable as default setting in ttd or at last have settings to chose the running cost or maximum  airplanes for each company. I remember each time I had been working hours on a long train lane and someone build two airports across the map to fast making up the money to my level.

Ships is a good idea also if the map generator will have much water.

GeoffersH
    Participant

Talking of Aeroplanes, a nice Hot Air Balloon would be a nice touch to start with in 1850 and later move on to an Airship by say 1900. Then later, have passenger aircraft through the early 1900’s up to the first jet aircraft of the 1950’s and onto present day and beyond, with supersonic aircraft. Or am I just getting carried away?

Same for water transport, how about a rowing boat, paddle steamer! Well I really am getting carried away Lol.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by GeoffersH.
    Rustyrockets
    Participant

Yea , thats some nice ideas guys. This is just being a little too dreamy but here is a idea that might never be in this game but here it goes.

As Cities gets bigger and gets provided with goods and passenger , they have certain wealth groups , and they demand ceratin things like , Cheapest travel for a little less fortunate populace(maybe passenger trains and huge ships and buses .Faster travel for rich populace (Airplanes and fast bullet trains.) and so forth on.

I think this will add great depth to the game and people selecting what and which transportation to select where , will make it more strategical , then just building a system from place A to place B.

I think this can be introduced because we already have wealth maps and stuff. and Things like Airplanes and faster trains can integrate well in the game through this.

What do u guys think?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.