Some hopes to train fever

Home Forums General Discussion Some hopes to train fever

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    yeyushoumenyuan
    Participant

Greetings to the producer of the game Training Fever, I’m looking forward to the final publish of your game. Since I’m a huge fan of the game of this kind, I am sincerely proposing some suggestions to you.

My main concern is on the public transportation part, but through your introduction I couldn’t find a time table system in it. It seems you adjust the distance between vehicles via the frequency of vehicle departure using the number of the vehicles and the speed of the vehicles. This may be an easier way to handle, but I think adding a timetable system will make the game more realistic. We have a good example about this in the game Cities in Motion 2. This system allows players to dispatch vehicles meticulously according to the real situation as well as different passenger flows during different times Including rush hour, normal time, weekend and night.

We can apply a sparse timetable to a line with less passenger flow in a certain period of time. These combinations can help players adjust their transit system to achieve high profit level and efficiency. So I sincerely hope you can add timetable system to your game.

Also, I hope you can make a timescale which is both realistic and playable. This means not too slow, nor too unreal. I think with this you could make a perfect transit SIM game. My preference of in-game time flow to real time flow is 3:1. Moreover, can you consider providing a ruleset editor to players. As you know, each player would love to play this game under a different ruleset. So I sincerely hope you can allow players to adjust the parameters like vehicle capacity, the speed of vehicles and walking of people, the consumption of the vehicles, the maintenance, the population and so on. If we have the rule set editor, I think it will satisfies all. Last but not least, I am paying close attention to your game partly because I’ve been tortured by the AI pathfinding of Cities in Motion 2. It’s just stupid. So I hope you can make a better one. Please consider my advice. As a fan of transit-SIM games, I’m looking forward to a wonderful game by your team. Best wishes. Thanks for reading.

FelixHill
    Participant

I’d love those options too…hope we can get them in a future DLC! =)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, Train Fever in this case seems more like CiM1, not CiM2. This game about history, not about timetables.

FelixHill
    Participant

What does it means?
    We’re talking about a feature that players can use from 1850 to 2014 and more… the concept of the game is still the same,it’s would just be more realistic!

Axel Springer
    Participant

one year takes 6 minutes or?

yeyushoumenyuan
    Participant

It seems that the time span of this game is big, and the producer can’t realize it if the time proportion is what I expected, 3:1. Then, could producers consider using ruleset editor to give more handling of the game to players? Let the story written by players. I assume it can use a time scale like Sim City to help players experience the change of era. But within an era, let players handle between rush hour , weekend, night and normal weekday time. To help players get started quickly, set a default rule for all. Once a player get experienced, he can make the game more suitable for him using advanced rules set by himself and play endless hours in it.

chen990114
    Participant

Oh yeah, that may be wonderful!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.