stacking locomotives

Home Forums General Discussion stacking locomotives

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    theuros
    Participant

I have a line which goes uphill and train speed drops to around 25 km/h  … then I added another locomotive, but I gained just around 5 km/h … what experience you have with more than one engine usage?  I tried this with steam locomotives. Is there any difference if you have two in the front or one int the fron and other in the back ?

thanx

gertofius
    Participant

I think that you want to look at Track Effort, or whatever its called in game. The higher the number, the better that train is at gripping the track and thus better for slopes and acceleration.

matsv201
    Participant

If you have a light train adding a heavy locomotive will make very little difference. Having the best possible power per weight gives more speed uphill, the best thing is ofcause building it flatter

atpat
    Participant

Check out the guides to better understand the difference between traction and power.

By the way, having two locos is called “double-heading”. Whilst I’m on the subject of railway terminology, they’re “signals” not “traffic lights”, and “points” (UK) or “switches” (US) forming “junctions”, not “intersections”…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.