Station request / question

Home Forums Modding Station request / question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pasi
    Participant

During the game today i started wondering if it would be possible to get a station mod with an underpass / subway below the platforms so that the passengers could access the platforms from both sides of the track? Would be a realistic way and would help a lot on sorting out plenty of bus and tram connections from the station.

simonmd
    Participant

You can use two single platform stations and place them track to track so their entrances are either side, they can then be grouped to act as one. I have done this when building a ‘mainline’ station, so I can have two fast through lines in the centre and a stopping ‘commuter’ line either side. Not sure about a road tunnel under but I have built a bridge over the stations to connect the two.

Krist
    Participant

How do you do this? When I try to place stations next to each other the program refuses to allow me to put them close enough they appear as one station. Also putting them close to tracks doesn’t work well either…

coujou
    Participant

The little piece of road built with the station must be at the exact height as the already built station. I also do this. But this doesn’t solve the problem. Even when grouped, it does not behave as one station with two entrances. Imagine station A with platforms 1-4 and station B with platforms 5-8. There is no possibility to enter A station and use e.g. platform 7. The citizen has to walk around and use a bridge for example, which, in case of 320m station, takes a lot of time. It’s better with tunnels. It could be solved by an ability to build larger stations, this is just a workaround and succesfully ignored by the devs. Completely ineffective if you have S-bahn/overground/underground, because no passenger from station A won’t use S-bahn leaving from station B.

simonmd
    Participant

It’s not easy but can be done. Make sure the ground is PERFECTLY flat or you’ll get terrain conflicts, etc.

Pasi
    Participant

Coujou that’s exactly what i had in mind originally. If i have a track going in east -west direction, i would like that my customers can walk to the station from both sides of the track reaching southern platforms from the north side and vice versa. This would automatically give an underpass for the pedestrians and would reduce the need for local bus and tram transport even further. I don’t use them much now either, if any, but this way it would be a bit more realistic and i could have if so desired, bus station on both sides of the track for the connections to the relevan areas speeding up the travel times.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.