Strange graphical glitch since patch[GER/ENG]

Home Forums Support Strange graphical glitch since patch[GER/ENG]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Azrael
    Participant

/push, since there is no solution yet.

Azrael
    Participant

/push

I still can’t find a texture_cache folder or file, even when I’m looking for it with texture as keyword in the userdatafolder.
    Or am I looking at the wrong place, though this is unlikely, since I have a desktop shortcut to my save files.
    The path is:

E:/Steam/userdata/18601266/304730/local

Azrael
    Participant

Update: In my new started game, I don’t have this glitch, which supports my thought, that It only appears later on in a game.

mikael

At last i did get the glitch on my computer as well (i have nearly the same setup as you do). Tomorrow we’re going to analyze the behavior.

I can get it if I zoom in and out like a maniac, on a large map, with a few lines in it. Did you ever get it in an empty map?

rodricostak
    Participant

I did, but I have only ever used large maps, and when I haven’t built anything it seems to only happen when zoomed quite far out.

t-strike
    Participant

I just installed the game for the first time, started a big map and had this problem too from the start! Haven’t build anything yet.

I also have an AMD videocard, a HD 7800 and am running it on an Intel i5-3570.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by t-strike.
    Azrael
    Participant

If I Zoom in or move the camera, some of these strange shadowy squares disappear and some not.
    If I zoom out, they appear again.
    I also recognized, If i build or delete something in such a shadowy square like a track-road-crossings or station buildings, that they disappear in that area, where the station or whatever stood on.
    However I can’t confirm this as guaranteed for the normal tracks.
    I also can’t confirm, if it removes those shadowy squares, when you delete city buildings.

I didn’t get it in an empty map yet.
    I didn’t have this phenomen at the start of my first map and now on my second map neither.
    And before I build anything, I look around at the terrain, the cities and so on, so my map always stays empty for the first few minutes.

As far as I can remember, this glitch occured since loading my first map for the first time, so I’ll be on the lookout tomorrow, if it occurs after loading my second map, I alrdy have several industrial truck lines in it.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Azrael.
    Azrael
    Participant

After the first load I didn’t get this glitch in my second game. I think it has to do with the increasing work for the computer, the longer the game is alrdy running with increasing number of lines, vehicles, people etc.

rodricostak
    Participant

This problem has gotten worse for me:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314686986

(I installed the mod that changed the currency and town names after the problem, but before the screenshot, so I know that isn’t what caused it)

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by rodricostak. Reason: Not sure how to embed properly, changed to link instead
    Reblet
    Participant

I observe the same dark blotches all over the landscape. Sometimes they disappear when zooming, then they appear again.

I’m running on an AMD Radeon HD 6950 with the latest stable Catalyst driver (14.4). I will see if I can locate the the texture_cache folder and delete it when I get home.

Reblet
    Participant

Can’t find the texture_cache folder, so I can’t check if deleting that helps.

I was able to get the blotches on a fresh map by zooming in and out a bit – no lines required.

Azrael
    Participant

Ok Update from my side, in my second game, these blotches/shadowy squares appeared around the beginning 20th century, I recognized them at 01/04/1900 for the first time.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Azrael.
    Traian Trante
    Participant

I had the same problem, but i switched my graphic settings to : textures: low and color depth: low and the problem went away.

Azrael
    Participant

Havent tested this yet, but this can only be a temporary solution, we need a patch for this I guess, since this seems to affect various AMD graphics cards with newest drivers…

Traian Trante
    Participant

AMD Graphics here as well. I think the bug shows up when you run out of video memory to load stuff in.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.