Suggestion: Allow trains on one line to take any free platform at a station

Home Forums Support Suggestion: Allow trains on one line to take any free platform at a station

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Improve the path finder to allow trains running on one “Line” to be able to take any free platform at a multi-platform station, not just a platform that the line config tool had chosen initially.  This would make support of a common real-live scenario, where you have a single-line track coming to a station with multiple platforms and while one train is unloading/loading, the other one can come to the station and let the other one leave in it’s place, possible.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

I agree on this. Very annoying actually. Also make it easier to build bridges and tunnels. Its almost impossible to this other than over the river etc. Trams should also be able to use the train tracks and the Railbusses should get its own smaller stations. Its impossible to build a city ring line and earn something from it also. Citizens should be able to take the train to the main station if they are in hurry rather than the slow tram?

Flexibility is the keyword here!

coujou
    Participant

S-bahn-like lines would be great, but… Have you ever seen it in a town with 1000 inhabitants?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

yes! just like OpenTTD

it would be so nice !

Blokker_1999
    Participant

Except that is usually not how real life works. Trains on a single line have no benefit of using multiple platforms, it confuses the travelers. Further more it would only have them wait longer before departure again. Your trains will space themselves out over time on the line to prevent having  them waiting to enter a station or behind a signal.

And building bridges and tunnels really isn’t that hard once you know you get the hang of it.

coujou
    Participant

You are absolutely right, it doesn’t work like this in a real life. But in real life we also have schedules which prevent two trains to meet at one platform. In the current state of the game this can happen. I don’t mind a train waiting for a free platform, but it would be nice, if the second train on the line (on the opposite side of the line) waited until the waiting one arrives and loads to leave the stations at the same time to stay spaced out evenly. I noticed that the trains tend to wait a little bit, but not for enough long time. E.g. I have a double track connecting three cities (A, B, C) and there are A-B, B-C and A-C trains (two for each line). There are also four freight trains using this track (three are feeding the cities with goods and the remaining is supplying the factory). In the stations every train has its own platform, so it can wait here “forever” not blocking other train. When having so much trains on this piece of track, the passenger trains have to wait sometimes because of the freight train coming from the sidetrack and then I have to space the trains manually by stopping them in the station. I also doubt this could be solved by priorities. It was possible in RT when one train could run through the other, but not in TF.

Train_Maniac
    Participant

The game needs better signaling and switching, it will be nice if we have different signals like entrance and approaching, this will help to use all the potential of the train stations, like in locomotion and ottd. Also you must allow X crossing switches.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.