Suggestion: Autosave frequency should not be bound to game speed

Home Forums Support Suggestion: Autosave frequency should not be bound to game speed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Martin Mulder
    Participant

At this moment, the auto save saves the game every year. So, when the game is playing high speed, auto save has a high frequency, but when the game is paused, auto save will never save the game.

The is still not stable, so it crashes a lot. Auto saved games are handy to recover from a crash. But when I pause the game, to edit an complete city, and after 30 minutes the game crashes, I loose those 30 minutes and can retry again.

But suggestion is: Make a setting which defines how often a game is auto saved regardles of the game speed (for example: every 1, 2, 5 or 10 minutes). This will result in less frustration after each crash.

coujou
    Participant

It takes about 3 seconds to save the game manually, so no big problem. I got used to save the game after several pieces of tracks built. I would rather see a performance improvement to be able to play a large map e.g. for 200 years and beyond without any lag since my PC meets the requirements.

Martin Mulder
    Participant

Soooo…. what are you trying to tell me?

1. Are you telling me that because you got used to saving the game every 3 seconds manually (in other words: you got used to workaround crashing games), everyone should do your workaround? Everyone should should accept the fact the game crashes a lot? I.m.o. the game should not crash AT ALL.
    2. Or are you telling me that your issue (performance) is more important, and I should keep my mouth shut? I would suggest that you create another thread with your peformance issue. This way everyone can file his/her own issues in a seperate thread, everybody can react on that issue. It is for the developers to prioritice.

Thanx! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.