[Suggestion] Bus not always stopping and minor improve

Home Forums General Discussion [Suggestion] Bus not always stopping and minor improve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    isidoro
    Participant

Hello:

My two cents to this great game to make it better:

1. As in real life, buses stop at a stop only if there are passengers waiting or passengers want to get off the bus.
    2. Minor improvement: in the save game dialog, if you give a name that already exists, ask for confirmation to avoid accidental overwriting an old saved game.

simonmd
    Participant

As an ex busdriver myself, I would counter this. Stopping at empty stops can help to maintain the schedule, if the bus can just sail past all the empty ones,  then its likely they would all catch each other up and bunch up. Also, its not true to say that in real life buses only stop if there are people there. In areas I have served, there were many ‘compulsory’ stops that had to be stopped at even if you were empty!

isidoro
    Participant

True.  But, at least where I live, the general case is not to stop unless you ask the driver to or there are passengers waiting at the stop.  What you say is the exception in real life (only very few stops in a line), not the general case.

I think the game already has something programmed that make the buses space apart, since I buy four of them and start them all at the same time and they separate.  Therefore, it seems that that is not a concern either.

If buses behave the way I propose, they would be more competitive in the game, which I think is good.

gobbybobby
    Participant

The game does not really handle schedules however and it would mean a varying frequency or bus’s just waiting longer when they do stop to keep the frequency/ spacing. I am annoyed by how long Trams wait at stations, if I have a city to city bus route stopping at the same stop as an inner city tram, the tram seems to sit there for ages before moving on.

Better bus stations! Currently a bus station will only handle 30 people per line, thats no good if I put my bus station outside my train station, and 2 trains pull in at the same time and 100+ people get off and try and get on local trams/ bus’s! Most disappear back home as the bus station is “full”. Bus stops seem to be able to hold 40-80 people depending on where there placed/ how much space around them (hills, corners, junctions seem to lower the number of people that can use them)

simonmd
    Participant

Yes, I’ve stopped using bus stations, whats the point of them?? Just as easy to have a stop either side of the road or even two or more stops on the same side if you have a really busy network and they will hold more people and allow more room for buildings. Same applies to tram stations, the only time I use one of those is if I want a neat looking place for them to turn around.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.