Suggestion – Factories needs workers

Home Forums General Discussion Suggestion – Factories needs workers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Iver
    Participant

Can be option to enable this added? For example after linking factory with another, they needs passagers transport to work before establishing production. There can be need for 10 workers per production unit. Player can simple create for example bus stop with less than 20 minutes frequency and production can begin.

jorgenRe
    Participant

Totally agree to such 😉

Except 10 per unit is way to high, 2 or 3 may  be possible.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by jorgenRe.
    twofl
    Participant

This idea is realy good, but i think it needs a bit of fine tuning, at late game you get a pruduction of 100 units, so 2-3 would be to much.

I suggest, like in the real world, production (unit/manpower) will change over time. In early years you need more people to create stuff and in modern days you need less men to creat the same amount or even more. So it could change over the time from 10/1 (worker/unit) to like 1/10. Those numbers have to be calculated to be more balanced.

the other thing for this idea, we need to know if factories have a production cap per time line. i don’t know if you can get up to 100 units a few years into the game. if so, you could break the game mechanics and have a demand of 1000 people for that facility at around 20-30 years into the game, and that is the population of 3 whole cities.

The idea is great, but needs more fine tuning.

We will see, if there’s is going to be a mod, or the dev’s will work on such things.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by twofl.
    nereksnad
    Participant

I’m not sure it will be a good idea to make factories need workers before they start what they’re doing, it might become redundant and become something you need to do every time you want to make goods and something you don’t profit from, or factories need so many workers it’s difficult to keep up with the changing demand for workers.

It would be kinda neat to see passengers need to go to/from other places than towns in the world, maybe an amusement park somewhere on the map? airport later on?

twofl
    Participant

You are right. We are talking about deep simulation. the game’s current simulation is pretty simple. 1 person wants to travel from point A (allways his/her home) to point B (work) or point C (commercial buildings) and back, but never from B to C as far as i know. The maximum travel time they are willing to do are 20 min. . All people are simulated that way, cargo is kinda the same way. When you want to change that, you need to think about balance more carfully.

You can change the location of those points to be: workplace is the coal mine, but to actually get the mine going and get some goods you need you workers do go there. then building the acutal production chain. For every factory, this would be a hugh network, especially for the largest maps.

I like the idea about the amusement park and other landmarks.

To make this possible, we would need to change point B and C to change some times. Or maybe add onther point D for freetime activity.

Iver
    Participant

Yes, but necessary count of workers can go working to factory instead of industry or commercial. Now it’s game very unrealistic.  Who is working in this factories?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Iver.
    per2
    Participant

I’m not sure it will be a good idea to make factories need workers before they start what they’re doing, it might become redundant and become something you need to do every time you want to make goods and something you don’t profit from, or factories need so many workers it’s difficult to keep up with the changing demand for workers.

well if the factory will be close to the town, the workers will get there themselves, later once they have cars even the factories further from towns  wont be problem so you dont have to necessary haul passengers there if you wanna use the factory it could be optional … if your buses get there faster than workers themselves its more money for you +if you haul workers there the factory might upgrade a little bit faster

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by per2.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by per2.
    nereksnad
    Participant

If there was only one industry chain that needed workers, like the oil rigs in TTD, i might see the ‘worker’ concept working, but there’s alot of people talking about the game pace going too fast compared to what you have to do with replacing vehicles with new ones, build lines, etc, so making all factories need workers to operate still seems tricky to pull off to me.

RickD
    Participant

You’d have to take into account building a passenger and goods station at each industry and having separate line for each. I could see this working if we could have combined stations, one for hard materials and one for workers.

Personally I’m indifferent as to whether this happens or not, yes we want the game to be realistic, but how realistic before it becomes to complicated and not fun to play?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by RickD.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.