Suggestion: grid!

Home Forums General Discussion Suggestion: grid!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tossi
    Participant

So as I have seen in the videos in Train Fever when you want to build a rail line it is pretty hard to judge how well you will be able to thread tracks over slopes. What I think would help with that problem is an option to draw grid over terrain that would also have height marks. That way you would be able to say the exact height difference between two points and you would be able to estimate how much you would have to go around to make the track connection possible.

Such grid should also be adjustable so you would be able to pick to draw it every 10 meters or 100 meters. It would help to judge distances correctly.

And grid would also help to see if the ground you plan to build station on is flat or not.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Tossi.
    Mansen
    Participant

The game already has a contour overlay that shows height differences with coloured lines as you’d see on a map. Of course they don’t provide exact measurements, which they certainly should at some point. đŸ™‚

Edit: Alternatively they are bringing in multi-node track building, so you’ll be able to drag out an entire line of railroad from A to B before committing to anything. That’ll certainly help with the hillclimbs.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Mansen.
    Tossi
    Participant

Yeah I saw those countours but I think grid has a huge adventage over them in allowing to take measurements much more accurately.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.