Suggestion: Train Station Building

Home Forums General Discussion Suggestion: Train Station Building

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Greno Zee
    Participant

Hi all!

I love the pinned suggestions thread, I think there is very little left to add. Yet, there is one think I mis in that list.

The way things can get connected in Tran Fever is very nice and advanced, so I’m surprised it uses the current legacy approach towards building train stations.

I would be lot better if one could build station simply by dragging a platform next to an existing track.ย With this approach the game would have a perfect foundation for extending the station with extra features. No length restriction, no track number limit…

One could also add a building to increase the number of transport units the station can host, the list of features just goes on ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bippa1
    Participant

I like the idea of “dragging” the platform along and parallel to an existing track. It means you could have curved platforms. It means you could have goods on the other side of the track etc.

Greno Zee
    Participant

I don’t think this is ever happening for TF. Usually, when they consider an idea interesting, Tom posts a comment in the relevant thread. I imagine the way station are build is quite hard coded in the engine and would require lots of code rewrite to change.

electricmonk2k
    Participant

Would we be confined to flat tracks, or would it be possible to build a station on a sloped track? AFAIK, in the real world, stations-platforms are not built on sloped tracks.

Greno Zee
    Participant

Not true ๐Ÿ™‚

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/t3lj1pRMWYQ/maxresdefault.jpg

But this is really a question for the devs, I just made the suggestion ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.