Suggestions/Fixes Megathread

Home Forums General Discussion Suggestions/Fixes Megathread

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    The RedKing
    Participant

I think I read this somewhere on the web-site, prior to the release:

– Data-layers

It would be very useful to add some data-layers, like:

– Max speed for train-tracks (already mentioned, could be added this way)

– Traffic density on road/rail

– Incline/decline for rail

– ???

ocbaker
    Participant

Train Tack Set Pieces

Example:

I have a 4 track rail line, I want to be able to put the two middle tracks underground.
    I would be able to select a track piece or object called “ground to underground” or whatever. This would attach to the end of the track like the train depot and once placed would also have a track attachment point underground that I could then use to continue my track underground.

Signals on Bridges and underground

Pretty self explanatory. I spent 20 million on building a line up a mountain. 12 million of that was cutting terrain holes so that I could put signals along the track.

Upgrade all tracks to Highspeed/Electrified

The amount of times I’ve had to search for that one piece of track that is 1m long is insane. I have millions of dollars. I want to spend all the money

There are several options for this that I like:

• Upgrade all track
    • Drag and select track to upgrade
    • “Paint” the terrain (like raise/lower terrain) upgrade track being painted
    • Select a line and upgrade the track on that line

Show height differences for sections of road/track

Contour lines are just not enough to show differences. If I could see numbers regularly along the track/road and where I am hovering my cursor then I could have a much easier time seeing when alignments are not possible.

Allow track intersections to be placed side by side.

It is so annoying when for the first 400 m outside a 45 lane train station I require intersections when in reality I could at least half that. I also think it would be cool if they were set pieces. So I could easily place a 4 tack merge block and then hook up both ends. having to rebuild a lot of this track is very painful.

Show the speed of the track every so often

One annoying thing is knowing when I should rebuild in the future since I can’t overlay the track speeds onto existing track.

More Line statistics

It can be really annoying to find out that a line has trains that have been sitting around on the track for a minute. that there is a jam on the line. It can also be hard to find out if that train that can go 200km/h is actually going 200km/h or it is stuck in traffic most of the time. an average speed would be at least nice. That way I know when I need to improve tracks

More Industry statistics

Knowing why my number is dropping is easy when I’m only serving one town, but when a single industry is serving 5 towns it gets oh so much harder. Being able to click on the industry and see what is consuming the materials would be incredibly helpful for pinpointing drops in production.

Sorry if some of these were already suggested. I wrote this in a hurry and at least you know these issues are the most important to little old me! haha. Thanks for the creation of this awesome list!

LB
    Participant

I posted a few suggestions in another post, not realising that this one existed, sorry. Any mods feel free to delete that one as I’ll post the unmentioned ideas in here. Some of these are already suggested; I’m just adding further detail to them.

1. Drivers/operators should be visible on all vehicles. It looks a bit silly to see a stage coach or early train, for example, without people driving it. This could be a randomly skinned person operating the vehicle; they don’t even need to be animated, just sitting/standing there will do. Or new people skins who are wearing different uniforms for specific vehicle types could be made.

2. Option to set which side cars/buses/trucks/trams drive on. I live in one of the relatively few countries in the world that drive on the left, I would love to be able to see this in game.

3. Build tram lines like rail by placing a single track that can be placed on or off roads and can incorporate switches/junctions/crossovers. Snapping could be used to fix the track in a particular lane of the road or directly in the centre of the road for narrow roads. One length of track could be bi-directional if it was placed in the centre of the road which would still allow road vehicles to drive around them on either side. Tram signals could also be incorporated to cater for this.

4. An option to place gates at level crossings which are dependent on year, and have road traffic actually stop for trains at all types of crossing. Gates in the early years would be manned, while automatic boom-gates could be introduced later on. An option to upgrade existing gates could be made as well. They could be placed similar to how signals are placed and closed/lowered at a specific time before the train actually crosses. For non-gated crossings, road traffic could stop at the crossing if it could be detected that a collision or near miss would occur with the train.

5. Have the ability to adjust the start point of a placed track/road. It’s good to be able to adjust the end point, but sometimes the start isn’t always in the best place either. It would be good to have one of those adjustment nodes for the start point too, with the height adjuster too. The grade setting could be shown as relative to the other end.

6. Ability to use the N and M controls for building rail bridges/tunnels. Obviously, this will be limited by grade more than what roads are, but even a small change would make a big difference.

7. Build level crossings by dragging road over rail.

8. Horse and cart traffic for civilians in the early years.

9. Adjust the height of stations. Obviously, if a road is already there this would be limited a bit, but if you want to build a station first and then connect the road, it’s very useful to be able to adjust the height as needed.

10. Overtaking. Faster vehicles should be able to overtake slower vehicles if safe. Especially on multiple lane roads and all country roads. Probably not on single lane streets.

11. Auto replace old vehicles, providing that the player has enough money and provided that the vehicle’s route passes near a relevant depot.

12. Semi-Auto upgrade vehicles, providing that the player has enough money. Each vehicle type can be upgraded (or not) depending on the player’s choice.

13. Game length could be customised before starting a new game. Ie: Scaled from short game (1-2 game days per second), medium (current scale), long (1 game day per 30 seconds) and marathon (1 game day per 2-5 mins). The marathon setting could easily support day/night.

14. On the topic of seasons, have a setting for game startup for northern or southern hemisphere to determine which months have what season (this should be really easy if seasons are implemented). Even a separate season type for tropical areas, since they only have wet/dry seasons.

15. Towns should grow faster or at least have an option to choose how fast towns grow for those who like the current setting. Eventually having towns merge into each other to form a sprawling metropolis.

16. The busier industries should have town like buildings spawn near them and become villages with the potential to become larger towns.

17. Ploppable pedestrian overpasses. Placed similar to how bus stops are, and vary in size depending on road.

18. Be able to build catenaries for tram lines once electric trams are introduced.

19. Zoom to mouse cursor position, not centre of screen.

20. Rack and pinion rail type for mountainous areas.

21. Have an option to build the narrow or wide version of a road.

22. Wider rivers. This would help with water transport implementation. Also, the height of bridges would tell you if a ship/boat could pass underneath. If not, an opening bridge type could be selected.

23. Ability to choose which platform a line stops at. Currently I have two lines going to the same large tram stop, but they both use the same platform while the other is completely unused. They constantly get in the way of each other.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by LB. Reason: Formatting errors
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My suggestion is simply – sorting of train buying menus.

Like this:

Cheers, Alex.

omoikane
    Participant

My urgent wish is fix performance issue due to large population.

Playing with over 2000 population on largest city is very painful (virtually unplayable) but no fixes since release.

Hudy_CZ
    Participant

Tram/Bus waypoints. I would make following:

If I click on the station icon of grouped station, than the line will asign to some station automaticaly

If I click on the exact building of grouped station, than the line will be fixed to that building of the station which I selected.

Hope it helps to fix this:

gGeorg
    Participant

Add a loading option “Pass” for little pavement stations.  Along “Full Load”  or “Load and go” we have “Pass”, the vehicle go toward the station but doesnt stop. It creates an effective waypoint.  Station price is about  same as train waypoint. Very useable for city highway roundabouts. Cargo tracks could use it too.

Krist
    Participant

My suggestion:

Car Parks. 

A car park would make it possible for a resident to drive to the station, and then proceed by train. That way you could build real P+R systems, like exist in the real world.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Krist.
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.