Suggestions/Fixes

Home Forums General Discussion Suggestions/Fixes

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    citizenx
    Participant

Please add the posibility to loan as much as your assets is worth. The 10 mill loan is sometimes not enough when you’re playing in hard and are struggeling to get profit. It seems rather pointless that your company with plenty of trains & cars can’t loan more than 10 mill if your assets is worth 1o0 mill. A balance sheet showing the value of all assets would also be nice.

Br

CitizenX

fransgelden
    Participant

Can you add a option to change line colours from a palette kind of system. Add it under features of line management!

dakdak99
    Participant

Not sure if this was mentioned with regard to time speed options, but here is my idea:

– Keep the current time speeds for the time period 1850-1900.

– Cut the time speeds in half for the time period 1900-1950.

– Cut the time speeds in half again for the time period after 1950.

One of the current problems with time is that too many new trains appear after 1950 (especially if you install modded trains) and you end up not being able to use them because they’re phased out before you have the time to set up a new line or replace them. The above option would give you much more time to use different trains.

The one downside I see is that “train life” is so long in late-game (40-50 years) that slowing down the game speed makes it unnecessary to replace trains for an extremely long time. Some kind of solution will need to be found for this!

Matt
    Participant

If this has been mentioned i appologize but I want to make sure it is heard,

Offtopic; havnt played in awhile, just got back into it right at the time i heard about USA dlc, this kinda entails into that USA dlc.

US rail is alot different then European rail. The developers of TF are swiss, so I cant blame them for making a game using european vehicles, infrastructure, and financial buisness model. IE passengers are priority one and freight is almost forgetable.

In the united states however, Freight is king, whereas passengers are almost forgetable. From the history channel about .96 cents per dollar for the rail company is earned via freight transport. And from blogs about trains in america vs european, its obvious that rail in the united states is tailored for longhaul, very heavy, bulk freight movement. Rather then quick passenger transport.

The point im trying to make is this, the USA DLC should expand freight opportunities in the game. Make cities demand more then simply goods. Make it encouraging financially to run large bulk freight lines between different areas, rather then small little shuttles or road vehicles.I know this dosnt make much sense but… well i hope you guys get what i am getting at.

Sorry its 5 AM my brain isnt working.

bobo90
    Participant

Since there not implementing some kind of timetable, I would really like to see some kind of sign for trains where only 1 train would be able to pas every given time e.d. 5 minuten, I dont think this would be to hard to implement and it is an easy way to space out the trains. You just put one of those signs on the end station of the train, where normally trains aren’t really passing through and like in real life the train will leave at an excact interval. even better would be if you could set the waiting for only 1 line, so other trains will pass through, but the train from that line won’t be able to.

sovetskysoyuz
    Participant

I didn’t see anything under UI for managing a large number of lines. Once a large map is heavily developed, it becomes a huge chore to scroll through the list of lines. Any of the following would help:

• Make the scroll bar clickable, so I can grab it and pull it down rather than madly using the scroll wheel;
    • Make Page Up and Page Down work on menus, so I can scroll more quickly;
    • Let me start typing the name of a line (I always start bus and tram lines with the name of the city they run in) and then have that filter the lines that are displayed
    wacjob
    Participant

Two more suggestions for Train/Lines UI:

The window for a line should show a list of the trains for that line.  Either in a section under the list of stations, or in a separate tab.

Right now, it’s kind of a pain, when looking at one train on the screen, and then you want to see the details on the other trains for that line.  You have to go up to manage lines and scroll to find the line, and then click on the other trains.

Clicking on vehicle that already has it’s PIP window up, should blink/flash the PIP window.

If you have a bunch of vehicle PIP/info windows up, it is easy to forget which window goes to which vehicle.  Clicking on the vehicle on the map should flash the window for that vehicle.

Thrillog
    Participant

Imputing Custom Line Names: upon clicking on the “Rename” icon you can change the name of the line you’re interested in. Why can’t the “Line X” text disappear (or any other one for that matter) upon hitting Backspace once, like in word or notepad? It looks like it’s selected? Instead we need to hit backspace until every letter is deleted. It’s a small fix, surely. And it’s really annoying if you have to do it a good few dozen of times during one game.

stormwell
    Participant

Couple that spring to mind.

*Upgrade road over a rail crossing.

It was a pain having to delete the rail round a level crossing, upgrade the road and then rebuild the rail with varying degrees of success.

*Sort out the Anti-Virus problem.

Please get in contact with the likes of AVG, etc to sort out the anti-virus conflict. I’d like to play your game, but at the same time I want to make sure my computer is protected.

Litaken
    Participant

Hello!

Didn’t manage to find it as a suggestion yet, and I think it would be a great improvement:

If you want to place a new structure, you aren’t currently allowed to do so if it collides with removable structures. Make it available to build if other criterias to build are met, maybe with a warning that you are going to remove whatever is in the way, for an additional cost.

The exact same suggestion, formed from an agile aproach:

As a player,

I want to be able to place any structure when all the criterias are met to place it, except already present structures

for an increased price that is the cost of the removal of the already placed structure, and

I want to see a message before finalizing the construction in such a case: “Structure needs to be demolished before building, that will cost you xy$, do you accept?”

Hope I both made the issue clear, and easy to process.

Cheers

Litaken

DasMatze
    Participant

When saving a game with mod X enabled and that mod gets removed from the mods folder, the game shows another mod as an active mod. Similar to how new bridges replace placed bridges.

Cornughon
    Participant

I have a few suggestions of my own. It’s likely they came up before so my apologies in advance for that!

-At the moment when people travel between their home and their destination they take the shortest route whichever can get them within 20 minutes. For instance if you have a train connection between towns A – B – C, and a tram connection just between A and B, people WILL travel between A and B by tram, even if the train gets them there faster. Another example is ofcourse when people cause traffic jams on a dirt road, while an empty four-lane highway is running between the same two towns just a few meters more east. Yes I know they partially solved the traffic jam issue by having people look for an alternate path, but why don’t have them go the fastest route to begin with?

-If you have 2 or more lines sharing the same route between 2 or more Railway stations or bus/tram stop, passengers will wait for the trainline with the highest frequency instead of just getting the train/bus/tram which arrives first which too takes them to their destination station/stop. In this case having the ‘same’ line with a shared route with just different destinations (like having a Line 14A and a 14B) is useless because of this.

-If you have multiple vehicles on the same line, they have a short wait when loaded up on passengers before continuing on to the next stop, except for the ‘first’ vehicle in that line. This applies to both road and rail, and it’s probably meant to get some sort of synchonisation in the line so that each vehicle is evenly spaced between eachother, or at least that’s what it should do.
    Especially in those years when old vehicles are being replaced by those which are twice as fast like the early 1900’s, my rail lines usually end up with a few 100km/h locomotives lagging behind a not-yet-replaced 50km/h one. When all are finally replaced with similar speed trains I usually have 4 in a row just behind eachother while half of the towns along the line have to wait several months (years) until the first train the row comes around again, taking along most of the passengers waiting, while the other three trains are only filled by 1/4th or something.
    To better have those trains (same applies to tram/buses ofcourse, but a bit less since for those relatively short distances the waiting time is sufficient in most cases) synchronise with eachother so they would actually have a 7-minute frequency instead of a 3/3/3/19 one, my suggestion would be to have a selectable waiting time (per line selectable?), where you can specify the maximum waiting time for your vehicles to get in line with eachother (up unto a maximum of 30 real-time seconds?)
    It would be a better solution than to impose an artificial frequency by reducing the amount of signals, especially since that’s not really a solution when you have multiple lines running along the same stretch of track. And it doesn’t work for those blue trams lagging behind those slow steam- or Halle trams.

-This has been said many times by now: an option to have your line electrified just by click on a button, instead of manually going through each section and missing those tiny peaces wondering why your e-locs run off in the wrong direction. It’s SO tedious, especially when I already have a sizeable network to begin with, and in those years that the only non-electric loco is the A4 (yes and the railbus…). And also like suggested: make this option available to converting to high-speed tracks as well, and upgrade the signalling along the way.

-Maybe a stupid suggestion, but how about the ability to combine trams to be able to carry more passengers on those highly succesful tramlines? I know the current bus/tram station is already too small for the modern low-flour trams, so it’s just a suggestion.

-HUD annoyances: the fact windows open behind other windows or HUD elements on seemingly random places on the screen is really annoying.

-Have a feedback window instead of those slow popup windows telling you vehicle X is reaching it’s lifetime limit or that you have to connect station Y to the road network or that train Z is now available. But this has been suggested as well.

Other than this I have nothing to add at the moment.

isidoro
    Participant

Talking about the windows that open at seemingly random places, in fact they open just over the place they refer.  If it is a town, it opens just above the town and, if the town is out of view, the window opens on one edge of the screen just in the direction where that town is.

Cornughon
    Participant

@isidoro: I guess you’re right. Still I find it annoying and prefer they rather pop-up in a fixed (customizable/last-used for that type of vehicle etc.?) location. Especially when selecting them from a list. Or at least don’t have them appear under hud-elements…

electricmonk2k
    Participant

I made an extremely long list of ideas for improving Train Fever at http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/a-very-long-list-of-ideas-for-improving-train-fever/ . Many of these are small UI improvements or small information-presentation improvements that could make the game a whole lot less awkward.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 121 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.