Supply chain taking the LONGER route?

Home Forums General Discussion Supply chain taking the LONGER route?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    simonmd
    Participant

Ok, this is an odd one. I set up a couple of truck routes to server a couple of sawmills and they’re doing fine, however, when I checked on one (marked B on the pic) I found it had shut down, production down to 1. I checked the forest (marked A) and found production was still high though!

So here’s the weird bit, I have two lines, ‘ABC’ and ‘XYZ’, the letters being the order of the route, ie C and Z being the final drop off for goods at their respective towns. I had noticed that some of the goods from the XYZ route were going by foot to Morton in the Marsh (served by ABC) and so added a third route to just take goods from Z to C as well. Now this is where the weird thing happened. Instead of sending it’s timber to the local ‘B’ sawmill, it was instead going to C, then being dropped off, then being picked up by the third route and taken to the sawmill at Y!

Surely this is longer and counter to the games basic supply rules, ie, ‘fastest and most efficient route’ or is there another equation that also takes preference of another site if it’s busier?

edit- pic appears squashed posted on here, this link shows it properly – http://picpaste.com/pics/fsscr000-Kf3vSBbH.1422806694.jpg

• This topic was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by simonmd.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by simonmd.
    simonmd
    Participant

edit- Should say above – ………so added a third route to just take goods from Y to C as well. (Not Z to C).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.