support

Home Forums Support support

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    frydmarek
    Participant

Hi guys

Any one knows how to actually contact tech support for this game?!

I bought this game on Steam week ago and I am unable to even start it.Everything in my computer is up to date!  Steam support automatically reroutes to this site.It looks like I just gave $36  as a gift to developers!

vesperdem
    Participant

Try info@train-fever.com

I’m in the same boat. I bought the game over the weekend and have yet to get the game to get past the “rendering world terrain…” or what ever it says after clicking Start game.

simonmd
    Participant

Sorry to hear that guys, i’m afraid this games developers are amatuer at best and it’s VERY rare to get hold of them directly. Anyway, it’s a school day so they’ll be busy……

Have you tried re installing the game from the steam page? Maybe refreshing the game’s cache would help.

frydmarek
    Participant

Hi!

I tried all possible suggestions found on this site and on steam site together with resetting my computer  to factory condition with no luck, and this is the only simulation game not working 0n my machine.

kimmaz
    Participant

What machine do you have then? and what cpu/gpu/ram ect do you got?

vesperdem
    Participant

Yep, have tried all the usual suspects, no joy.

The game does run from Steam. It just dies when attempting to start up a new map.

I have a Mac Pro (1st gen) running OS X 10.7.5 with 16GB’s of RAM and an ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB.

The game is Build 5399 for Mac 64-bit.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by vesperdem.
    frydmarek
    Participant

Processor:Intel(R)Core(TM)i7-4700MQ CPU @2.40GHz,2401Mhz,4Core(S),8 Logical Processor(S)

and Intel(R) HD Graphic 4600 with 8G RAM

kimmaz
    Participant

I think that Intel graphics is gonna struggle, take a look at this page (look for game benchmarks scroll down a bit)

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-4600.86106.0.html

the Intel HD Graphic 4600 got a score of 4580 on 3dmark11 while the ATI Radeon HD 5770 got 2640. My Graphics card got a score of 15280 compared and i run train fever with some lag too.

http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/ATI+Radeon+HD+5770/review

http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/Intel+HD+Graphics+4600/review

vesperdem
    Participant

I hope that the graphics card is not the issue here. According to the requirements from the product page shows: ATI Radeon HD 3850 512 MB. I don’t know much about how the numbers on these cards work, but I assume that a larger number means a better video card. :shrug:

I’m actually more disappointed with the fact that there isn’t a “native” Mac version. The executable that downloads from Steam is a Linux executable. I have to wonder if the problem with the game running has more to do with the fact that it’s not a native Mac executable.

kimmaz
    Participant

I think the only reason for stating that a HD 3850 can run the game is cause it has DirextX10.1. I dont think they have tested to run the game on one. It is ancient. There is even a AGP version. I dont think you can find a motherboard with a AGP slot for one.

This graphics card was the first videocard to ever support DX10.1. The earliest possible card supporting dx10.1 I bet that trainfever do require dx10.1 and thats the reason for stating that this is the minimum requirement.

vesperdem
    Participant

Kimmaz, you are probably posting this for the other person having problems here, but since I’m using a Mac, my choice of video cards is really limited. Plus, since the game is not native to OS X, I have even less choice.

Now that I know that it’s not a native OS X app, I’ve asked Steam for a refund. I suspect I will not get one and will have to eat the cost of the game as a learning experience. However, I have been a member of Steam pretty much since it’s inception and have never requested a refund before. I’m just very dissapointed with this app. It claims to be a Mac app, yet it’s really a Linux app disguised as a Mac app. Even the requirements sounded like a game I could run.

I’m not holding my breath here for a positive ending. It’s sad really, it looks like a kick-ass game from the Let’s Plays I have watched.

simonmd
    Participant

I’m afraid the recommended specs are total bullshit. There is a very long thread on Steam itself about the same thing, my last PC build was better than your specs and it struggled. Now I have an AMD FX6350 at 3.9ghz, 8gb RAM and a Radeon HD6950 1GB and it JUST copes. The performance has improved over the past few patches but I don’t believe you’ll ever get it to run with Intel graphics. As for the Mac user, I’ve read there are a lot more issues with the MAC version but not being one myself, no nothing about them.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.