TF citizens hate Trams?

Home Forums General Discussion TF citizens hate Trams?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    douglas
    Participant

I always wondered why my in-city lines are never popular. So I decided to make bus lines and its crowded everywhere. People just love it. Exact same path of the tram lines.

Then I decided to put trams there (as the track already exist), slowly replacing the buses with trams, and BAM no more passengers. Then I switch back to bus and there they are.

Why? They hate trams? I don’t see the reason, as the tram have more or less the same speed as the bus.

Anyone experienced the same issue?

Lowell
    Participant

I exclusively use trams in my cities, I have made a few bus routes but those are between cities. I have always made my first monies from trams…I have no issues like that mine run fine and are full all the time.

medopu
    Participant

hmmm…. has the travel frequency decreased when you got trains?

douglas
    Participant

No. That is the whole point. Was really merely the fact of changing from bus to tram and from tram to bus.

Person012345
    Participant

Never had this problem.

medopu
    Participant

In what era are you playing?

What are the specific trams and busses you’re talking about?

In some eras, trams have much more passenger space in them than busses, which means that busses don’t have enough space, which means that people are cluttering at the stations faster than busses can handle as opposed to trams?

Trailvan86
    Participant

I have the exact opposite problem; most (but not all) of the bus routes I’ve had in cities don’t make any profit, but if I replace them with trams on the same routes, they make money.

It seems like the only time I make money with bus routes is when they run between cities.

douglas
    Participant

I will make a video. I sound crazy here.
    It very easy to see the problem. I’m on 1969 and the trams have more capacity than buses.

douglas
    Participant

Ok I just realized, when making the video that the tram line wasnt complete. A small piece of road didn’t have any track.

Still the bus is better. After making the track correctly, 4 trams at 75 Km/h give me 76s frequency, while 4 buses at 80 Km/h give me 29s frequency.

chillybmf
    Participant

I was hoping id found another person who has an issue with trams, till iread you last post. ^
    I can never make an in city tram profitable, or even get usages up to a decent level. The exact smae line, but with a bus is much better.
    Intercity trams work just fine, but usually im using a train for that, so i never really play with trams at all.
    Shame really.

Yeol
    Participant

Douglas made an interesting observation. Especially since I experienced, like Trainvan86, the opposite! I get good results (financially and city development) with trams, but with buses I never seem to get a positive result. I typically get financial loss and poor to none city development with buses. So, what makes it opposite in behaviour? I don’t know.

I mainly use point-to-point lines with parallel paths for going there and back. I rarely use circular lines. Buses work fine for intercity connections, but I use them only early game, and replace them with railway connection as soon as possible.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.