TF needs more than 16GB RAM

Home Forums Support TF needs more than 16GB RAM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kursbuchstrecke
    Participant

Helloy guys,

I actually have a huge Problem: I never had this before but for any reason TF fullfills all my RAM (16GB) and crashes caused by this. I have no idea why and it never had done this before.

I am actually playing a savegame started in 1850. The problems began roundabout the 1930s. I use mods (on my rails are only modded trains).

I hope you can help me

regards, Alexander

admin
    Keymaster

Hello Alexander!

It would be quite easy to just blame the mods you have installed, but I have to point out that I very rarely saw Train Fever using such amounts of memory without any mods.

To double check: Would it be possible for you, to play a mod free game and see if the behavior changes?

Also it would be worth having a look at the mods which trigger around the mentioned timeframe and try without them.

Best regards,
    Tom

Kursbuchstrecke
    Participant

So I just activated the pagefile again (deactivated it to have more space on HDD), this solved the problem.

The amount of mods could be a part of the problem, but I think in another way than maybe thought: Cause of the amount of mods I have very much different vehicles wich comes in different years. So I will replace all my trains with newer ones. Cause of the amount of new vehicles I replace more often than I would do without mods (sometimes just to bring the train in a new era (from prussia to DRG for example)). When I start in 1850 I have 150 years full of new vehicles, while I started all my older games in 1950 where i only have about 50 years of new vehicles. This means, when i start from 1850 I would replace more often than from 1950.

What i wanted to say is: I think that the replacement function needs such a huge amount of RAM. So the mods are the source of the Problem, but not the Problem itself.

regards Alexander

admin
    Keymaster

Good to hear that it at least works again. Even if I imagine swapping to the HDD will eat up some performance.

I see your point about the replacement! I will take a note and bring it up in the next meeting to check with the programmers.

Best regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.