TFMM or TFGM

Home Forums General Discussion TFMM or TFGM

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ErstO
    Participant

Have played TF for about 400 hours with no mods,  but now I want to expand my world.

Started off loading up TFMM and not realizing it I upgraded the same folder with TFGM,  then in my old age confusion went back to TFMM.

Needless to say I gummed up the whole works and had to do a fresh install of the game.

So before I start over with the clean install, whats the views out there?  Game Manager seems to have more features then Mod Manager,  but I’m more interested in stability and compatibility and do not want to get tied to a mod manager that will bite me down the line.

Xanos
    Participant

The idea of TFMM development was to build an extremely lightweight but stable tool for importing mods and most importantly easily uninstalling them again from the internal game folder (res).
    With the implementation of internal modding support, mods no longer have to be placed in the “res/” folder. This makes installing and uninstalling mods by hand much more easier, and mod managers are Autorallye not required anymore to be on the “safe” side.
    However, they still can make handling mods easier for the player, as they give a nice overview, batch processing capabilities and more information about the mod than the internal mod manager of Train Fever.
    Additionally, both managers can access the online mod database on http://www.train-fever.net
    TFGM also focuses on many other aspects besides mods, while TFMM focuses on managing mods (as well as DLCs and Maps with the upcoming update).
    TFMM should have no problems with another mod manager being used simultaneously, as it just reads in alls mods that are installed in “mods/” folder of Train Fever. Especially, TFMM will never “tie” you to it 🙂 I don’t know about TFGM as I do not use it in production.
    In the end, the decision of course has to be made by yourself, based on your needs.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Xanos.
    ErstO
    Participant

Thanks for your input,  Haven’t decided on either yet,   I’m updating my Windowz box so I’ll hold off modding till thats done.

I was hopping one or the other would help block out old mods that don’t work,  I made the mistake of installing too many at one time time then going back looking for the one mod that was crashing the game.

A few other mods loaded ok,  but every time I tried to load a save game I had to uninstall and reinstall the mod so I would be nice to see a mod manager giving out a warning if a problem in the .mdl or .lue file

It would be nice to see one or the other mod manager expanded to allow the user to edit some aspects of mods, as an example the “yearFrom” and “yearTo” values in the .mdl file or the cost.  But not that important as I still have the ability to edit them manually, it’s the old programer in me that wants to see more features 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.