That was fun!

Home Forums General Discussion That was fun!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Triumph955
    Participant

Just totally ‘nuked’ a problem city.

Small map, first 1 – 200 years, rail doing well both passengers and freight then the inevitable decline, replace trains with intercity buses and kept just one profitable freight line. Made a few billion but one city just kept clogging up with traffic no matter what I did. Applied the same solution to the other cities and they work fine so, I decided to blow 1 billion on erasing the city, just got the name and clear ground now. Will try and build the main features the way I want then, see what the AI does to mess that up.

It would be nice to have the ability to zone to prevent the AI from building side roads etc., where I don’t want them, I have to block them with bits of railway track at the moment. Anyone know of a better method?

RonMaster
    Participant

“just got the name and clear ground now”.

I think you are in trouble then. I’m pretty sure you need at least 1 type of each building or the game will crash as soon as you hit “play”. Maybe you’re in luck and they fixed that bug, but i doubt. Did you hit “play” yet? 🙂

And when rebuilding a large city blocking with rails is useless, they will just build on the other side. I stopped rebuilding complete cities. I’ll just build a new section to a city in the beginning of the game and place the stations in there, so that ‘s where the most traffic en tallest buildings will be later in the game.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is a cheaper solution to most city traffic problem. Every time when you connect a city to your network upgrade immediately every road you can to 4-lane roads. In the beginning of the game there is enough space, and if you still have to remove a building it costs only a couple of thousands.If you  keep consequently (for instant every time you have to replace buses) upgrading the new AI roads your buses shall always have bus lanes.

Triumph955
    Participant

RonMaster, it’s only one city I demolished, so presumably I still have each type of building elsewhere on the map, I’ve carried on playing without a crash, (saved as a test game of course) but, looks like the demolished city is not going to regenerate despite having placed a station and buses. Making more money though with the city gone.

Admiral, thanks, that’s what I normally do, just this one city refused to co-operate with my master plan so it had to go!

I’ll get back to more normal play once I’ve experimented a bit more with this.

Neldot
    Participant

You should have left a building for each type inside the demolished city, not elsewhere in the map.

Probably they fixed the bug that made the game crash when you completely erase a city, but now the erased city doesn’t regenerate if there is no buildings left at all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.