Things to improve the game

Home Forums General Discussion Things to improve the game

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Cygnum
    Participant

First of all let me say I’ve enjoyed the game a lot, even though it has some major bugs in it. As I’ve played the game for the last couple of days (currently 86 hours) I’ve come across several issues – both major and minor – that in my opinion need to be addressed. I’m sure some of them have been mentioned elsewhere before, but nevertheless I’d like to mention them as well. The issues are addressed as questions: the exact ones I got when I played them.

Why:

1. does traffic keep on going when a train crosses at the crossing as if the train isn’t even there?
    2. does my TFV line loses 3 million a year, whilst the regular trains on the same line make a profit of 6 million/year?
    3. can’t I build roads that cross a railroad, whilst the other way around works just fine?
    4. don’t trams available from 2000 fit on the platform, but instead stick out into the grass?
    5. are there so many graphical bugs (railroads on the bridge that disappear when you zoom out, locomotives that disappear when they need to overshoot the platform because the train’s too long, vehicles that change position dramatically when you remove roads that are in the vicinity)?
    6. does the game become less and less playable when you advance through the years because of the lag?
    7. do I have to spend five minutes to replace a train in order to make sure its replacement is at the right spot?
    8. do I have to click a lot more than I’d want to to get to the buttons you use more often?
    9. do passengers suddenly disappear when you send a train/bus to the depot?
    10. can’t trains find a depot when all they have to do is turn around?
    11. does the game lack any form of manual?
    12. is connecting train tracks sometimes so incredibly difficult?
    13. can’t I seem to find out the use of signals, since it appears the game regulates everything for itself?
    14. am I not informed when vehicles can’t get to their destination because of a gridlock or if they can’t find a path?
    15. do I have to find out which part causes a ‘collision’ by destroying half of the buildings surrounding it? Why isn’t it indicated?
    16. are there no/so few hotkeys available?
    17. can’t I select the platform a train needs to load/unload manually?
    18. can’t I sometimes demolish tunnels?
    19. do some pieces of track/road , not connected to the track/road that needs demolishing, get demolished?
    20. can’t I see what the maximum speed is for a track after it’s been built, especially since the track upgrading tool?
    21. don’t vehicles overtake slower ones, even when there are more lanes in the same direction?
    22. can’t I create seperate buslanes or tram tracks, meaning without public car access?
    23. do screens pop up at places you can’t see them, or difficult to drag?
    24. do trains have the option of a catenary, but there aren’t any for the tram?
    25. does loading a game appear like a freezing game?
    26. does an articulated bus hold more passengers than a tram from the same era?
    27. do I have so many difficulties editing the train track (lots of very small pieces of track, tiny parts that don’t have catenary)
    28. can’t road vehicles drive over 80 km/h?
    29. can road vehicles drive a timetable without help from the gamer, but the trains can’t?
    30. doesn’t the game save your progress automatically when you want to end it, or at least ask if you want to?
    31. does the game overwrite a previous save game with the same name without prompting?
    32. does the entire crossing get demolished when you just demolish one/why isn’t the other track selected as well?
    33. am I not able to connect new track to a switch, but instead have to remove the entire switch and surrounding track?
    34. can’t I change the signal when there’s a train nearby? In conjunction with the previous remark this has resulted in a train I’m unable to get anywhere. Can’t get it to a depot, nothing.

There may be more issues that I might find during my games. Those I’ll add at a later date. If any of the issues need clarification, you can use the appropriate number to address it.

splifsend
    Participant

why .. do cars drive halfway across town just to use stations and depots for a U-turn

why.. do cars have to arrive at a destination which on the right, and not the left

why.. cant I have 1 way roads

Stress
    Participant

+1

And my biggest frustration at the moment…

Why… Can I not upgrade my road vehicles all at once but instead have to do them manualy one by one?

Very annoying if you have 150+ horses running around…

Tossi
    Participant

You can upgrade all your vehicles for a single line at once but it is not optimal.

FishyFrags
    Participant

Here’s another…..You should be able to keep all of the windows open when you load the game up after saving it.

Tossi
    Participant

If there ever was such a feature implemented I would like to have an option to turn it off.

FX2K
    Participant

FishyFrags: Here’s another…..You should be able to keep all of the windows open when you load the game up after saving it.

Tossi: If there ever was such a feature implemented I would like to have an option to turn it off.

I don’t think I would like that either and would prefer it off.

What I would like, in terms of the windows,  is an option to have vehicle windows replace each other, so only one window is open at a time and central to the screen, rather than having multiple windows opening all over the place.. but because you may sometimes want more than one open, to also have a ‘pin this window’ button which makes it persist, or simply dragging it to a new position makes it persist (similar to the depot menu in a way)

I would also like most of the vehicle options visible straight away, i.e the send to depot on the first ‘tab’ not having to alternate between tabs just to get to these, with the ability to hide the PIP whilst retaining the information display.

I don’t want much 🙂

FishyFrags
    Participant

I only mentioned it because I’m fed up reopening the windows I had open to begin with.

FX2K
    Participant

I only mentioned it because I’m fed up reopening the windows I had open to begin with.

I’m not saying it would be bad, I’m sure people would like that, along with some other options being retained (like if the bus lane is set to keep / yes / no etc, but if it where added it would be nice if it was also optional.

bobo90
    Participant

I would really like the cities to grow bigger faster and bigger so it’s more realistic to have trains run between them

Stonedashell
    Participant

I would really like the cities to grow bigger faster and bigger so it’s more realistic to have trains run between them

Maybe for large maps only on medium and small you would have problems laying tracks and removing buildings can be expensive. But large cities would be nice so you can do sort of loop through your city with enough passengers.

To the OP +1

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Stonedashell.
    bobo90
    Participant

also it would be nice to build stations in bends and on existing tracks so fitting and stuff is easier. Also you first build the station after you build the platfrom so you dont have to destroy to many buildings and you can put the station building on both sides of the station so all platforms are excessible from both sides so you can split the bus and tram lines on both sides, beceuse those get crowded very fast. And it has been mensioned before but some kind of preview function when laying tracks would be really nice, because at the moment you often have to re-build parts because they dont fit and some kind of system to make fly overs and dive unders easier to make and the automatic double and quadrouble track laying, espacially when building bridges this would come in handy

bobo90
    Participant

also instead of having a depot it would be fun to have the ability for a marshalling yard and more realistic time so at night you have to put them there and the time table could be more realistic and you should repair the trains by night

DrunkenJim
    Participant

• Tbh i would like a larger variation in town sizes, smaller villages with branch lines feeding pax to jobs in the larger cities.
    • I would love to see larger maps with the same number of villages/towns/cities to give the lines a better feel, nice long intercity lines with shorter feeder branch lines, the train variations would start to make a lot more sense.

• The maps need a greater variety.  Coastlines, Estuaries etc

• as mentioned before stations need a complete overhaul, they need to be upgrade/downgradeable both in length and platform numbers. amalgamating pax and cargo.

• With the number of mods, the vehicle buying screens also need an overhaul.  i.e. tabs for trains/carriages/wagons.
    • There needs to be a single selection for a train type, with a sub menu for the repaint.
    • At the very least there needs to be a way of scrolling down through the list without endless mouse wheel scrolling.

• As discussed many times, the timeline needs a major overhaul.
    DrunkenJim
    Participant

hmmm can’t edit my previous post? anyway, to add to it…

• custom makeable maps would be greatly appreciated.

• the cargo system would benefit for a different timescale to the pax (maybe 40 minutes instead of 20?).  This way you could have large manufacturing plants serving the entire map with a decent network taking goods to it.
    • instead of the goods just dissipating from the towns station/depot, you could add a local delivery system, small vans etc.
    • mail should be added as an extra intercity goods type, this would also benefit from a network of small delivery vans..

• A lot of people want boats and aircraft, i’m not sure aircraft would work in map, small river barges might be do-able.
    • However you could add an airport and seaport as an off map hub for pax and cargo.  this would add an extra dimension to the game.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by DrunkenJim. Reason: add extra comments
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.