This game i brought and i have the right to refuse those patch !

Home Forums Support This game i brought and i have the right to refuse those patch !

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

P.S. I wonder when they’ll come back to work.. Hope it’s tomorrow and not Monday the 5th…

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Mike.
    Tattoo
    Participant

All the games will open Steam, mine does too but it doesn’t update them for me. If I started TF from Steam, it would probably update for me too but from what I read, starting it from a shortcut, it doesn’t update itself but will always open Steam. That’s the way I understand it. I could be wrong, sorry.

courseofra
    Participant

I think everything is said. This should be closed. To much interest in something what brings no further development. Go back to the threads with suggestions to further development instead of shouting steam or even the developer-team which brought us a base to a great game so far. There is nothing to see here.

Tattoo
    Participant

I think everything is said. This should be closed. To much interest in something what brings no further development. Go back to the threads with suggestions to further development instead of shouting steam or even the developer-team which brought us a base to a great game so far. There is nothing to see here.

Say what? I think you need to go troll somewhere else.

Swire
    Participant

Nice post Tattoo ! I don’t know what does “courseofra” means , is there something being wrong and player just only accept it and say nothing with it ? i think players also have their right to say and ask for the correct .

The main connection isn’t just the single opinion of mine , it’s also brings up from other players .

Realistic isn’t wrong in the game , but it seems really runoff the title of TRAIN FEVER , Whats call TRAIN FEVER ? Everything should around the TRAINS but not the road and buses , Who care about those road ? We care about RAIL in all the way , and build it fantasy.

Also the topic i wrote here also a suggestion and request too .

FOR OTHERS : You have your right to stay in your opinion , but you can’t say THIS SHOULD BE CLOSED , THAT’S OUR RIGHT TO SAY OR KEEP SAYING . JUST BECAUSE THIS MAIN CONNECTION IS STILL OFF THE TRAIN TOPIC !

ela002
    Participant

I agree with Swire, I don’t care about bus, road and that crap. It’s train fever not transportation fever.

Mike
    Participant

Yesterday I’ve tried, almost forced my self into playing, but I can’t! I can’t neither build stations nor lay tracks where I want them to be – this Main Connection stuff is a real deal-braker!
    DEVs, WHERE ARE YOU???

onionjack
    Participant

Sofar I’ve managed to make somekind of solution to the main connection issue when I need to delete it. It needs some nerves and time to get it done sometimes but it’s doable. 😛

Devs still might be spending their holidays, I’m sure they’ll be around soon enough

gobbybobby
    Participant

Some games do offer downgrades, EU4 does, you can revert to previous versions in the options by right clicking the game in steam, its under beta participation although its not a beta its a previous version.  Not sure why u would want to downgrade train fever tho! in EU you kinda have to if you load a game with mods that are not compatible with the new version

simonmd
    Participant

Guys, many of you will know that I have been very critical of the games faults in other posts and was initially annoyed by this main connection thing but honestly, after plating the game with it I can’t say its been much of a problem. Sure, in the past if a road was at the wrong angle for a rail crossing, I’d just delete it but now, I built a little extra section that will be at a more friendly angle to the line, then delete the old section and job done, no big deal.

THE single biggest flaw with this game is the CORE ENGINE. To write a game in 2014 that does not use hyperthreading is lazy and stupid and is the ONLY main issue we should worry about. ALL other bugs, updates, upcoming DLC packs, mods, workarounds, etc, etc. are pretty much irrelevant IF WE CANT RUN THE BLOODY THING!

Blokker_1999
    Participant

Further more, it comes closer to real life this way. Without protecting these important roads you are able to force useago of your trains which in a way is cheating. While it’s a handy feature in the second half of the 20th century in the game, it would never be allowed in real life and would cause public outrage.

Mike
    Participant

Guys, we’re not talking about completely removing the feature, but first correcting bugs within it to make it playable.
    For the first, as in real life, level crossings are to be avoided! Bridges and tunnels must be used instead, and to do that you need to build a longer bypass, and the game does not allow it.
    Second, it limits the freedom of building your network. I want to place the station near town, in the way to optimally connect tracks from other towns, and have less curves to increase the approaching speed. Again, to do that, a long bypass must be created for existing routes, and the game does not allow that.
    Also, building high speed lines is impossible with Main Connection feature. You have less freedom in curves to go around existing routes if you are to keep it to 300 kmh, and building a bridge or tunnel is impossible, again, because bypasses are not allowed.

This feature removes the freedom of building the system how you’d like it to be built.
    Sure, some people like the challenges of fitting the new network into an existing network, but I would like to shape my network as I wish. And when I had it for 200+ hours of gameplay and suddenly it’s removed, I cannot accept it.
    And I’m pretty sure my opinion represents > 50% of playing community.

Swire
    Participant

clk_mike, Yes agree with you , the main connection was set already by AI , no one knows what standard that the AI set which way as the main connection .

As onionjack said the bypass might do-able , but what is the standard ?  the distance ? the angle ? or the others ? DEV didn’t say it , just leave a icon when you try to bulldoze the road and said you need to build a by pass . many bugs is still there as other players report in their own post .

As some said that was a good challenges , but some said it doesn’t .

But in my point of view : IT JUST DEV USE THIS “MAIN CONNECTION ” AS THE STUFF TO SET GAME MORE HARDER AND NEED TO CONSTRUCT MORE LONGER TO ANIT THOSE CHEATING MOD JUST LIKE “COST_MOD” AND “TIMELESS_MOD”

BUT DEV NEVER KNOW THE ONE WHO BUY THE TRAIN FEVER IN COMPUTER /STEAM ,

IS JUST THEY LOVE TRAIN AND MIGHT BE DONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO HAVE THEY OWN REAL TRAIN MODEL SET !!!!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Swire.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.