Time scope

Home Forums General Discussion Time scope

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Damage
    Participant

Seeing how this game is quite heavily influenced by Transport Tycoon I was wondering about a thing.

In Transport Tycoon they took a pop-shot at what the future of trains might be like, with mono-rail and maglev tracks and trains. The thing I am wondering about is wether or not Train Fever will also incorporate some futuristic stuff like they did in TTD. I hope it will.

Personally I think it would be really cool if there would be maglev tracks and trains in the game. This is just me tossing some ideas around and I am curious what you think about them and wether or not they should be ingame:

– Vacuum tubes where maglev trains can reach really high speeds due to the lack of air resistance.

– Turbine driven trains. With a small engine to get the train some speed for the turbine engine to work. Could run on normal tracks and achieve quite high speeds. Maybe even an afterburner?

– Maglev, it exists already somewhere in Japan, why not ingame

– Trains that run on Hydrogen as an alternative for diesel. With their own refueling depots and such.

Feel free to add your own ideas.

/cheers

douglas
    Participant

I have nothing against the futuristic stuff. Its interesting to have, but I will really prefer if the game maintain this atmosphere of 1920. Its just awesome. There is already the Modern Times CiM 2, that lost the great atmosphere of CiM 1, so I hope Train Fever will be the one that takes us back to the old century. Its much nicer to look at.

Fandazma
    Participant

First thing: Gratulation for the successfull campaign.

It would be great to have both. The Beginning of trains in history and some futuristic stuff. espacially for the futuristic stuff the development part would be interesting. For all known present technology we all know what is relaiably or not, but if you can develope, as an example, underfloor induction for your trains as alternativ to normal powerlines and a new type of engine type (some field research for that from Bombardier is still running at Augsburg / Germany today), you dont know if it would be a good idea to update your train net with this new technic (maybe some unforseen problems will rise with some cows that crossing the track and will then produce magnetic milk ;), I think you know what I mean).

The gratest thing for me, would be, if it will become some day a full transport game, whit ships, Airplanes, helikopters, truck and something futuristic, not known yet. This would be open great oportunities for the gameplay if you have to combine the different types of transportation types like the are good for. But I can wait (wait since 10 years now ;)).

So keep up the good work and be carefull with the publisher 😉

douglas
    Participant

Why need a publisher anyway? Indie games go directly to Steam and be happy forever, like Super Meat Ball. No need for the middle man. Watch this: indiegamethemovie.com. Anyway, completely out of topic. Sorry.

As I said, its great to have futuristic stuff and I won’t mind having them out of context, like a maglev in an 1920 city. I just think the old scenario (as in the screenshots of the game) is more pleasing to the eye.

Damage
    Participant

Underfloor induction sounds really interesting to me as a new track type. I think it would be quite nice if you could refit some locomotives for it through some research. Touching on that, I think it would be quite nice if there was some kind of research aspect to this game. Not in the sense that you could research new train locomotives / track types, but in an upgrade kind of thing.

I think it would be quite cool if there was a research aspect that would let you upgrade certain things on locomotives you use, like engine reliability, fuel capacity, braking power, that kind of stuff. What you can research could depend for example on how many locomotives of a certain type you use (or maybe the milage). Of course there could be track upgrades too in that corner like: heated track switches or a higher voltage on powered rails.

Another thing that I think would be quite cool would be a modern and fast version of this

http://norm.beesky.com/blog/IMG_0434.jpg

Maybe instead of just turning lateral, also go vertical to increase the amount of tracks?

Again just throwing some ideas out there 🙂

Kenni
    Participant

“I have nothing against the futuristic stuff. Its interesting to have, but I will really prefer if the game maintain this atmosphere of 1920. Its just awesome. There is already the Modern Times CiM 2, that lost the great atmosphere of CiM 1, so I hope Train Fever will be the one that takes us back to the old century. Its much nicer to look at.”

If the game would not advance, i for my part will quickly loose interest. The happy moments of new trains, upgrades, and rewards for what i do is basic for the reason i play.
    Awesome TTD would not be a popular game if there was no advancements…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.