Timer Signal

Home Forums Modding Timer Signal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bobo90
    Participant

Would someone be able to make a signal that is not dependend to go green on if there is a train ahead, but on the fact that there is a timer build in that will let through 1 train every given time, so it is more easy to space trains. Right now I have to make difficult constructions on the end of the line to space the trains.

simonmd
    Participant

Well, that’s NOT what a signal does in real life and it’s NOT what it’s for. A Signals job is to tell you if the track ahead to the next signal is clear, nothing else. If you want better spacing, space out your signals better!

bobo90
    Participant

As you said, there are for telling the the track ahead is clear, not for spacing trains. I some parts of my track have 3 or 4 lines runing over them so I can’t use signals to space them. Also it is so much easier if there would be just setting a timer, because now I make the end of a line single track to let the wait, but it’s a pain in the ass figuring out how long this piece must be and it will vary with different trains or when you up or downscale the frequency. As long as the spacing of trains doesn’t work I just think this is the best solution and not to hard to build

bobo90
    Participant

noone?

Martin955
    Participant

Bobo90 – good idea to put a section of single track at the end of a line. Also like the real thing, eg the ends of the Valley Lines near Cardiff.

Martin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.