[TOOL] Train Fever Game Manager

Home Forums Modding [TOOL] Train Fever Game Manager

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    conductor
    Participant

I have installed TFGM and now I cannot start the game at all. Running Windows 8.1. I have validated the game files on Steam. Apart from reinstalling the game I am at a lose as to what the problem is. Any help please

Gwinda
    Participant

How Are you starting TF? The button in TFGM?

The TF start/restart and Terminate buttons in TFGM might not work on most Win8 platforms. Just start  TF as usual from Steam. TFGM doesn’t need to control TF for it to work.

conductor
    Participant

I have tried that and still no go. I have tried every which way to start the game but to no avail. Very Strange indeed.

Gwinda
    Participant

Try to delete the settings.lua file in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\< YOUR STEAM ID >\304730\local

Gwinda
    Participant

New version: 0.95.1.78
    * Added the new “VehicleLifetimeNotification” setting
    * Added some missing hint text
    * Fixed the baseline creation even if selected no
    * Splash showing missing updater
    * Fixed the language population always selecting English.
    * Fixed default update check time to 4 hours.
    * Fixed the NameID bug (not finding the correct fallback language)

Lowell
    Participant

I thought with the new load we are to simply drag and drop mod folders into the new game mod folder. Why even use a game manager for that I am confused? The idea that the Dev’s have is to not load any modded material into the game’s main res folder. Not to mention I see loads of nice old mods on the .net site that are not made for the new mod system.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Lowell.
    Gwinda
    Participant

@Lowell

The Train Fever Game Manager let you tag, organize, sort and easily batch install/uninstall all kind of mods, even the old ones.

TFGM is not loading these old mods into the old res folder, they are converted into the new format and installed in the new mod folder system. TFGM let you handle all mods the same way, even if they happen to be in different formats. Even gif, png, bmp are converted to targa, the only accepted format by TF.

TFGM can also let you manipulate all the TF settings and even set resolutions not “supported” in TF GUI.

TFGM is much more than just a mod installer…

Gwinda
    Participant

Hotfix!
    0.95.2.79 -1294 This is a hotfix solving some crashes.

Gwinda
    Participant

0.95.3.81 – 1295Another last minute fix for the tag group view crash.

Lowell
    Participant

That’s nice but it leaves an exe inside the games main files. Have the Developers tested this to make sure any errors are not being generated leaving the said game to have lag or performance issues?

I see no reason for this as all one needs to do is drag and drop…unless the mod makers can’t understand or update their files.

This is just a thought as this game has so many issues on running smoothly.

Lowell
    Participant

I guess I am looking into the file structure of the game as I am making some mods. The main game has one res folder, then inside the mod folder I have 94 mod folders, each one has a res folder. So when the game poles through 95 res folders, is that causing the second or two pause as it reads/writes through it’s lists.

If I remove the mod folder and place a blank one in it’s place, the pause is less. The more mods the bigger that pause seems to get.

??

Gwinda
    Participant

TFGM can be dropped anywhere, it doesn’t need to be in the TF root folder. TFGM is maintaining its own library of mods, so when you uninstall a mod from TYF it isn’t lost. All mods are kept in their original format and converted up on install.

UG do recommend TFGM or TFMM as mod managers in their FAQ section
    http://www.train-fever.com/modding-2/faq/

But it is all up to you if you want to use one or not. A lot of users find them time saving. You can drag and drop folders with multiple mods at once in TFGM for batch install.

The delay when starting up TF is not related to TFGM, it sounds quite logical that TF has to scan through the mod folder to build the mod list. More mods, more time…

Lowell
    Participant

I am speaking of the second or two lag every time the game charges maintenance fees and you see the money icons over everything. This is during game play. Take all your stuff out and have a generic game without mods and that pause is shorter, so the game must be scanning all mdl’s it sees.

Gwinda
    Participant

That is an interesting connection indeed. I haven’t noticed a relation between number of installed mods and the month delay (which is greatly improved since the last update).

Gwinda
    Participant

VERSION 1.0!
    I guess this is as good as any to make a 1.0 release.

* A tag manager has been added
    * translate tags.
    * Edit tags.
    * Add customized tags.
    * Delete tags.
    * Export tags.
    * Import tags.
    * Both simplified and traditional Chinese added tot he language list.
    * Import tags by drag & drop.

More minor fixes for robustness.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 107 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.