Track Switches

Home Forums General Discussion Track Switches

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    javanockzik
    Participant

From the game-play, streams and images that I’ve seen of the game I’ve noticed that the only type of switch you can make is this one:

Which means that if you want to make cross-over tracks then you have to make them like this:

Does anyone know if there is already an option to build other switch types like these:

Or if this is something that they are thinking of adding into the game at a later date.

swissyntax
    Participant

Good questions 😀

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by swissyntax.
    javanockzik
    Participant

@swissyntax In the original you said that 1, 2, 3 and 6 could be done while the rest were possibly being added in, what made you change your mind :D?

swissyntax
    Participant

Hehe good observed 😀 I understand that something like crosses are on a to-do list. But I dont know the exact implementation.

Nbr. 3 ; branching starting on the same point, thats something else

Nbr. 4 & 5 & 6 ; thats three different type of crosses 😀 whats on the to-do list? 😀

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by swissyntax.
    Azrael
    Participant

I only heard about cross switches to come.
    3 of 1 Switches, this would be really nice to come and I guess, it will come, since the devs are listening to their players.
    I remember, initially, there shouldn’t be freight transport in this game but the people asked for it and they added it.
    So why shouldn’t this happen to other wishes?

Mansen
    Participant

No arguments here – All of these would be great to be able to make. It would allow for more narrow switches outside of stations and not having to bridge or tunnel in some situations where a temporary wait on either side isn’t critical.

Steve
    Participant

Diamond crossings would be nice to have as well as flat crossings. I’d also like to see slips, used extensively on European networks, I suspect that might have to be modded though.

If you don’t know what I’m talking about, here’s a diagram:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.