Traffic Lights with Bus/Tram Prioritization and Special Lights

Home Forums General Discussion Traffic Lights with Bus/Tram Prioritization and Special Lights

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Apfelchips
    Participant

Hi guys,

As Train Fever will come with busses and trams I assume that there will also be traffic lights to manage traffic on crossovers.

If this is the case, I would love to see traffic lights which favor public transportation (busses and trams) over cars (which is common practice in many cities as it helps to meet schedules).

Another awesome feature would be special lights for public transportation which are also very common.

Both features would add a high amount of realism to Train Fever and as these are features which are not included in any other comparable game, it would be another unique feature for Train Fever.

I understand that traffic lights (maybe even busses and trams in general) are not the main focus of this game, but in my opinion implementing the described features would make a (most likely) great game even better.

What do you think?

• This topic was modified 10 years, 8 months ago by Apfelchips.
    basil
    Urban Games Team

Thanks for posting!

Yes, there will be traffic lights at crossings with a lot of traffic.

We did not consider your idea (favor public transportation) so far. I agree, it would be a nice feature, and it’s also fun from a game-play perspective. In addition, I believe the implementation effort is not too high. So, we really consider to add this feature to the game!

Regarding the special lights for public transportation, I think this is more a micro-simulation feature and not really of interest for game-play.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by basil.
    Apfelchips
    Participant

That’s awesome, Basil!

Thank you so much for considering, I’m really curious to see the first playable version of Train Fever.
    In terms of the special lights, you probably are right.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by Apfelchips.
    • This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by Apfelchips.
    Corupt
    Participant

Are there going to be special dedicated lanes for public transport, like in Cities in Motion 2?

Corupt
    Participant

By the way, can you add a choise, to build traffic lights on the crossing, or not?

‘Cause in many big European cities there are small streets (sometimes with one way traffic), that have a lot off traffic. Without traffic lights on such streets there are many traffic jams :/

Apfelchips
    Participant

I agree: Bus lanes are almost a must-have as they help meeting schedules, just as traffic lights which favor public transportation.

basil
    Urban Games Team

Bus lanes are in the current game design. It’s possible to select streets and construct bus lanes (if there is enough space).

Standard traffic lights are built by the cities as soon as they are needed. Not yet sure if the player can influence this.

douglas
    Participant

That is outstanding. The game is focused on trains and there are freight, still you did not forgot details about urban transport such as bus lanes, plus consider favoring public transport in signals. Are you sure this game is real?

• This reply was modified 10 years, 6 months ago by douglas.
    • This reply was modified 10 years, 6 months ago by douglas.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.