Train Fever 101 A Video Series

Home Forums General Discussion Train Fever 101 A Video Series

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    montericogaming
    Participant

Hello all my Train fans. I am Monte and I wanted to record some gameplay and give a 101 on what has worked for me so far. Positive feedback and tips are always welcome.

Part 1 of the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx916-RKZwY&list=PL2NZzDrzXcUuPGT0Q-U5fzUnoUGU4ETEy&index=3

My Train Fever Playlist including live stream

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2NZzDrzXcUuPGT0Q-U5fzUnoUGU4ETEy

squishycube
    Participant

Nice basic strategy, I think it’s nice to focus on goods first in your video, since they are more complex. I’m interested to see what else you’ll do.

doc0c
    Participant

@montericogaming I have a comment about the video where you built a passenger bus line connecting the two cities. I noticed that your bus stops are only on one side of the road. Wouldn’t this cause your bus to go to the last stop and then go all the way back to the other city at the first stop? I’m thinking you won’t have much demand on that line since it doesn’t really go where people need to go. If you did it for the sake of demonstrating the concept, that’s fine, but it would be good to explain that in your video so that people don’t try and duplicate your work and be disappointed when their lines aren’t making any money.

I did like your train line tutorial.

Hope to see more of these videos in the future.

montericogaming
    Participant

Thanks for the comments. I will check into the bus stops as I have only kept them to one side of the road. Thinking back on things talking in more detail of the goods may have been a good idea. I will make sure to title the episode properly to easily find more goods details. Working out all the demand. Lately I have been messing with forcing cities to use goods that are hooked up to a line and other I actually delete roads so other factories do no impact the demand on my used lines.

montericogaming
    Participant

@doc0c I see what you are saying and will talk about this in my next episode maybe Part 6. I need to go back and mess with that line anyway. It is making money as is. I have the frequency down but I agree that it may be good to add a note. Gotta love YouTube annotation. 🙂 Thanks for watching and taking the time to comment.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.