Train Fever American Mod Pack

Home Forums Modding Train Fever American Mod Pack

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    rome159
    Participant

Hello

I would like to help with this project. Have had some experience with modeling and also have 3Dmax and blender.

30 min example:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByJvzZh8mNttV25mbU9sUm1wek0/edit?usp=sharing

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by rome159.
    jorgenRe
    Participant

@rome159 i’m not too sure if that’s going to be rolling so well unless it’s already on top of a hill XD

Okay i’m just kidding, for being worked on in only 30 minutes it do resemble a real train so i’m sure after some work i would probably allowed it on my rairoads 😉

rome159
    Participant

it’s not pretty but nothing is in 30 mins and my textures need a lot of work

jm764
    Participant

Not bad rome159 , and of course I don’t mind if you help out! ^_^

plyst1
    Participant

The beauty of that is it WAS only done in 30 minutes. Time can refine it and as you make more and more your skill will improve vastly. I look forward to the American Trains. I have also been watching your LP’s JM764. I would help with making models yet i have never done that before nor do i have any of the programs. I would like to try and skin a train with different livery’s but again ive never done this. Any programs you can suggest would be fantastic as this is a game that has so much potential.

rome159
    Participant

Blender is free http://www.blender.org/

It has a lot of online tutorial

And is what I used in the 30 min example

BlackDiamond1964
    Participant

I’m interested in creating American content for this game. I’ve been using Blender for years to create in Trainz and Railworks. My downfall is that know nothing about Train Fever…I just downloaded it on Steam.

jm764
    Participant

Ah np BlackDiamond1964 you can help out, and we can add/fix anything the game needs that you don’t quite know how to do. It’s just a 3d model that needs converting, and here’s a converter avalible in the fourms.

KilrBe3
    Participant

Still waiting to see some of your Work in Progress Jim. I know you are asking others to help, but we still have yet to see your work. I called you out on this in your other thread, and you never responded. It’s nothing personal, but lets see some of your work as this is your project. Before you start just accepting everyone else work. You did say you’d have something to show us last week, No 100 or something.

Just saying bud. Importing from other games is great and all, but hope you getting Permission and credit given where do if Community made.

jm764
    Participant

Well bad news is my pc wanted to be an idiot and I lost all my files and now maya doesn’t want to work at all… -_-

So i’m going to try my hand at blender and recreate everything as best as I can.

Tbh, I normally condemn importing unless credit is given when it’s due. Hence the reason why I asked for people to help me make them from scratch.

rome159
    Participant

Here is a rough draft of Baldwin 0-6-0 locomotive using 3D Max

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByJvzZh8mNttcUR3dkhBelF3Rjg/edit?usp=sharing

I am basing it off of the one in Railroad Tycoon 3

Will need help with textures if some one is willing

And would I have the wheels as separate objects form that main body?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by rome159.
    BlackDiamond1964
    Participant

I think one thing that might help me is to take a look on how the current models are made…how much detail is added to the model and how they are made to function inside the game. Has the devs of this game given any clue on what is the process for modding this game? This is a good place to start.

jm764
    Participant
    BlackDiamond1964
    Participant

Humm…Level of detail modeling, pain in the butt but very understandable on why it is used. Is there any information on getting other objects in the game like buildings and basic scenery items?

jm764
    Participant

No info on the ability to add buildings yet, but we can atleast open the current ones for editing Using those tools I listed earlier. Maybe they’ll update the info on them in the future.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.