[TOOL] Train Fever Model Viewer

Home Forums Modding [TOOL] Train Fever Model Viewer

Tagged: , ,

• This topic has 73 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Omich.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Omich
    Participant

Train Fever Model Viewer 0.3.3

• This program can open and show game models in msh, grp, mdl formats.
    • It can show model LODs, meshes, animations, bounding box, origin points.
    • If you open model from game directory (or from mod with valid directory structure), it automatically finds and load all model dependencies.
    • In 3D view you can rotate model by dragging left mouse button and zoom by dragging vertically right mouse button.

Program GUI translated in English and Russian. I can make a localization in other languages, if you help me translate it.

Program licensed under WTFPLv2. I can give you source code (C#, .NET 4.0), if you want to make a fork or etc.

You can download it here:

Also, it is dependent on .NET framework redistributable 4.0 or higher, Visual C++ 2013 redistributable and OpenGL 2.0 or higher.

olahaldor
    Participant

Any chance it can read texture files? That would be very helpful for reskinning models or create variations.

Manually rotating and zooming would be nice too. 🙂

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by olahaldor.
    Omich
    Participant

Okay, now you can manually rotate view by mouse and it takes tga texture as second optional parameter.
    So, for example I use it with: TFMV.exe res\models\mesh\vehicle\train\db_v100\lod_1_v100.msh res\textures\models\vehicle\train\train_db_v100.tga

Download v0.2
    Source code

Omich
    Participant

Sorry guys, version 0.2 have error and not work, because I’m not properly tested it and forgot some debug code.
    Download fixed version 0.2.1

Omich
    Participant

Released version 0.2.2 – just some minor fixes in code.
    Now you can download it from my website http://omich.pngamers.org/tfmv.php#en.

sigh
    Participant

Hi Omich,

You may want to consider adding your tools to the mod database on train-fever.net.  This is the most comprehensive collection of mods I’ve seen to date and your tools are very handy!

Sigh

Nique
    Participant

The problem with Train-fever.net is that it is a mixed languag website.. german all over the place. Most people around the world do not understand German.

Anonymous
    Inactive

-del, sorry-

jorgenRe
    Participant

@Nique Deutsch sind gut, aber ich kan es ein bisschen. Okay i’m bad at it, but yea i do agree to that, but i suppose if they choose to have it mainly for German then its their chose we do atleast have google translate, and for me i’m working intensely to learn German as fast as possible 😉

Omich
    Participant

Update 0.2.3. Now it can open models without tangent information – most static objects in the game. (Before it just crashes on startup).

You can download it from my site, or direct http://omich.pngamers.org/tfmv/0.2.3.zip

sigh
    Participant

@nique and jorgen, the download section where mods are available is pretty self-explanatory and many of the modders who have listed their work do so in both English and German.  The forums for mods aren’t really accessible to non German speakers, however.

pschlik
    Participant

Whenever I try to download this, chrome tells me in some way the file is malicious.   You might want to take a look into that.

Omich
    Participant
    Nique
    Participant

I have nothing against Germans. I mean, i’m Dutch, we have a lot in common. But what i hate is that every piece of information about ‘modding’ is very important. Not only for Germans, but internationally. What we share here is in English and they can read it because English is a world language. But if ‘they’ found new information, we can’t read it because well, we can’t read German.

Why not share it in English? As a community we can do much more and faster if throw away the Language barrier.

Railtim
    Participant

Hey Omich,

I tried your tool, but I couldn’t get any textures loaded. All it says is that the msh.blob file has not been found, although it is clearly there in  Windows explorer.  I hope you can help me, e.g. by posting a detailed instruction on how to enter the file paths into the command line.

Thanks

Railtim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.