Train Fever on sale -40% ! WTF !!

Home Forums General Discussion Train Fever on sale -40% ! WTF !!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Tattoo
    Participant

WTF ! ? ! ? Now the game is 40% off. I paid full price just 2 months ago and now it’s almost half price.

Now I really wish I waited to buy it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/304730/

uzurpator
    Participant

This is a river:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You should cry me one.

Early adopters always pay premium. Deal with it.

Tarc
    Participant

You know, uzuraptor is right.
    – That’s what it means to be a Steam Early Adopter (you support the game in its initial phase)
    – That’s what it means to buy any game soon after its release, from anywhwere, as you can only expect sales later on (when they have collected “enough” income to cover expenses and they can afford to do a sale to attract more people).
    – That’s what Steam is like, get used to it. I personally rarely buy a game anymore, instead I put it on my Whislist on Steam and wait for the discount. That’s how I got Assetto Corsa (33% off) and Prison Architect (66% off (or so)).
    – And lastsly: How else could any distributor put any game on sale then? There are always people who just bought it prior to the sale. Like what happens in supermarkets with any goods.

Tough luck… sad but what are you gonna do…

douglas
    Participant

Well this is not just: your paid more because you wanted. A huge sale like this after few months means the game didn’t sell well enough.

Good games never go on sale so early. This is a horrible sign.

I guess we cannot expect multiplayer and other major features anymore. We still don’t even have everything they promissed before release yet and already 40% off after 2 months is really bad thing.

It would make more sense to make a sale like this together with a new dlc. Game off, DLC full price. Like this, for me means desperation.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by douglas.
    Tarc
    Participant

To be fair, Steam has its own system/contract/arrangement with developers and distributors and can put any game on sale any time, possibly at his own cost.

i.e. Prison Architect was an Early access game; Steam kept “advertising” the game at full price, then short after its official release it went on sale. Even though it had HUGE sales figures already!

So don’t be too quick to jump to conclusions like that 🙂 /chain reaction/

douglas
    Participant

Ok I didn’t know that. Sorry.

Even more weird is this less than 2 weeks to Black Friday. I’m no expert in marketing but perhaps at Black Friday would be better than now.

fransgelden
    Participant

If you check the TF store page again, you will see the publisher is Gambitious and not TF (Urban Games) themselves. I suspect Gambitious and Steam must have some sort of arraignment on how many copies must be sold. Gambitious were the people who funded the game through donations, because you paid for Gambitious and then Gambitious sent the money to Urban Games. So, technically Gambitious is the publisher and decided if there must be a sale or not, but I can be wrong about it.

Edistein
    Participant

If I remember well, a member of the Urban Games said on a local radio one week after release, that they had 2/3 of all the expences covered allready in only 1 week. And they never expected so huge income in so short time.

If I understand right, the donators of the initial fundrising still get some % of the incomes, but most of it goes to Urban Games.

With this Urban Games might have enough cash for the next years of devs work 😉

douglas
    Participant

That is very good to hear. Im glad I’m wrong. Now that finally this type of games are back, I wouldn’t want anything but huge success for them.

Tarc
    Participant

Now that I hear these good news, I think they have the funds and time to bring this game up to CIM2’s quality (when it comes to management or UI (all the stats there, man, can’t dream for more!)

Tattoo
    Participant

So you’re saying the sale didn’t come from Urban Games? I can see that being the case. It’s just odd because as said before, good games don’t go on sale 2 months after it’s release. None of the other games I bought from Steam went on sale like this. I bought 5 games from Steam and not one of them were on sale soon after it’s release that I’ve noticed. So we’ll just have to wait and see what happens since they don’t post anything about their plans for the game.

Person012345
    Participant

i.e. Prison Architect was an Early access game; Steam kept “advertising” the game at full price, then short after its official release it went on sale. Even though it had HUGE sales figures already!

What? Prison Architect is still in early access, it’s still having alpha builds released, it hasn’t seen a full release yet.

Tarc
    Participant

Okay well… even more to my point – showing the OP that a game going on sale doesn’t mean it doesn’t have good sales figures, that’s all.

Grek
    Participant

always funny: buy bugged game at release cuz “”I WANNABEFIRSTPLAYER” then cry about discounts.

vinkandoi
    Participant

Any game price has to be reduced at some point.  I pre ordered this game and I dont regret it. But devs! Plz keep the updates coming

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.