Train Fever won't start. Windows XP 64bit is the issue here.

Home Forums Support Train Fever won't start. Windows XP 64bit is the issue here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Tossi
    Participant

So as the title says I can’t start train fever.

Here is the screenshot of the message:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=309802760

I tried to start it directly from the executable (TrainFever.exe) and this is what I got:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=309804545

Here is my guess about the problem:

I have Windows XP – !64bit! yes 64 bit version not 32 and I think Steam installed the 64 version of Train Fever but this version isn’t compatible with windows XP but only later windowses.

I also tried veryfing the files and they are all OK.

What else can I tell you that would help?

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Tossi.
    Tossi
    Participant

I have now also made sure my system and drivers are up to date.

It did not help.

I missed the sticky somehow. I think it happened because it’s title is in plain black font, could you maybe change it to bright blue like other topics but make it bold maybe? I was ashemed of myself at first that I didn’t see it the most common problems post but again, now that I followed it game is still not working and behaves the same.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Tossi.
    mikael

Windows XP 64bit is a special OS, that needs a special build.

This takes some time. We’re going to fix this soon. We’re going to add it to the changelog when it’s done.

Tossi
    Participant

Thank you for your answer. I kind of expected something like that as I know how rare the system I am using is. Is there even any other person using this system who purchased the game, I wonder? 😀

Anyway best wishes for you and sorry for being attention w**** and crying all over the place. I will be waiting impatiently for the fix. Cya.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Tossi.
    SneakyGunz
    Participant

I’m getting a missing .exe msg. I purchased this on steam. I am  running windows 7 ultimate 64bit on an AlienWare Mx17 r4 laptop. i have tried deleting the folder and redownloading it a couple times. The .exe file is not there. I do however have a …exe.maifest file. No idea why I am missing the exe file.

mikael

I guess you’re using McAfee or AVG. While Downloading and starting the game you should deactivate the Realtime-scanner.

Tossi
    Participant

Hi again. I wanted to let you know that after the patch the game still didn’t run for me but I managed to make it run under Windows XP 64bit by copying all the files from Win XP 32bit installation into place where Train Fever was installed under Win XP 64bit.

I had to spend a couple of hours installing Win XP 32bit and all its updates and driver onto different partition to do that.

Rangad
    Participant

@mikael

I don’t know how well WoW64 works on Windows XP. But if it works you could distribute the 32bit version until you have official 64bit binaries on XP.

vasziljevics
    Participant

hey,

I have exactly the same issue – I would greatly appriciate a patch of some sort rather than having to install a whole different OS to make it fixed.

thank you in advance!

Patholog
    Participant

I bought the game because she went on xp 32 bit after updating the game does not work started. This really is an unfair hearing from publisher

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Patholog.
    mikael

We’re working on a Windows XP 64 build now it should be out with the next patch. Have a look at the Release notes for to see if it’s in the next Patch.

@Patholog

The Windows xp 32 bit version should already work. Have you updated you drivers? How far do you get? What’s your steam display name?

Tossi
    Participant

Glad to hear the XP64 version is finally comming. Playing 32bit version I experience a lot of crashes which I put blame for them in memory limits of 32bits. It doesn’t stop me though from playing the game 🙂

CHEM
    Participant

hey guys, @mikael,
    Eine frage an die Macher:
    Ist Train Fever Windows XP 32Bit kompatibel? Jedenfalls erscheint bei mir die Fehlermeldung » “TrainFever.exe ist keine zulässige Win32-Anwendung”.

regards

Tossi
    Participant

Train Fever ist Windows XP 32 bit kompatibel. Ich spiele Train Fever Win XP 32bit version mit Win XP 64 bit.

CHEM
    Participant

dann verstehe ich es einfach nicht und das ganze war dann fürn witz ohne zu lachen.

vielleicht warte ich bis das spiel noch 5 patches/updates hinter sich hat.

regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.