TRAIN FEVER'S COMING FEATURES !

Home Forums General Discussion TRAIN FEVER'S COMING FEATURES !

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    douglas
    Participant

Im a very big supporter of Train Fever. The game is nice but I have to agree with Wowi. This last patch really put me down. Translation? Really? Let modders translate the game. Unnecessary. The game needs so little reading. Its not like we are playing Europa Universalis or Diablo.

The save game compression is good but without cloud save I don’t see the need. Users of SSD like me can just create a symbolic link or enable folder compression. Or simply delete old autosaves. I’m not saying was not a good improvement, I’m saying there are tons of other more important things to use their time with.

The cargo was good update, but still, little improvement.

Prison Architect is in alpha stage, have major updates every month (MAJOR updates) and have Steam Workshop fully implemented.

We have to suffer with poor vehicle replacement feature that was promised in early development.

This are the list of features I collected very carefully in devs posts and announcements even before beta test. The ones that are not implement are scratched:

• Windows, Mac and Linux.
    • Randomly generated, modifiable terrain with realistic dimensions (256 square km or 16×16 Km with one meter resolution). It will be possible to create a map like 8×32 Km.
    • Procedural generated buildings.
    • Dynamically simulated urban development. Player will be able to influence the growth of the city, build roads as well as destroy houses.
    • No grid – that is, the game world is not limited to 90 (or 45) degree angles.
    • 50 vehicles at the initial release. Starting from 1850 till today. There will be carriages, horse street cars, 30 trains and more than 10 buses, trucks and streetcars each. (I did not count!)
    • Four distinct characters. The four basic skills directly affect game-deciding parameters such as access to infrastructure and vehicle market, maintenance rates, access to statistics and intelligent organization, and much more.
    • Skill system.
    • Freely adjustable zoom factor.
    • Single player only. There is no multi-player mode or AI in the initial release. Those features can be added if the game sells well.
    • Current design includes coal, iron ore, steel, wood, stock, grain, oil and goods freight. As well as move passengers.
    • Each person is individually simulated. Given a home address and a working place, people decide whether to travel by foot, by car or by using public transport. Every person has his work-home routine with additional leisure routes. It’s possible to follow them all the time.
    • People look for workplaces. The more workplaces they can reach within a limited traveling time, the more attractive is their living address. More attractive means a higher land price, leading to higher urban density and growth.
    • Buildings are not premodeled and instanced. You will never see the same building twice.
    • It will be possible to add platforms (parallel to the existing ones) to a station, but only within limits that depend on the station type. For example, a small station cannot have more than three platforms. Bus stops can be upgraded too, e.g. a simple stop can be provided with a turnout/bay.
    • Adjacent stations/stops can be grouped so that they’re treated as a single station. While this is essentially a hub, the station and terminal are not under one roof, i.e. their original building is retained. Shops and booth can’t be added directly, but the structures will generate revenue automatically as the number of passengers increases.
    • There will be signals for tracks. Trains are not going to pass through each other, you have to create good signals and create a nice layout.
    • There will be no timetables. You can add signals or change the street layout to optimize a route.
    • Player will not have control over pricing. The attraction for using the players transportation mainly depends on the time benefit the inhabitants will get using your public transportation line.
    • An in-game year will pass in 8 minutes. You’re able to speed the time up, what will shorten an in-game year.
    • Currently the terrain forming is done dynamically while building tracks or buildings. The cost of a track is increasing if you’re changing the terrain, depending on changed terrain.
    • There will be Bridges and Tunnels.
    DK115
    Participant

I loved the game @ first. But the collision-monster, the upgrade-monster and the waitin-for-a-free-track-monster are doing their work pretty good, turning this game in to a boring and sometimes annoying experience. The upgrades only looks like commercial decision and not a monster-fight. Personally I am agreeing with most people here and also disappointed.

vinkandoi
    Participant

The last patch put me down too. I was eagerly waiting for some changes. A little feature “Disable Snap to road” could be implemented easily, which is demanded by many players, but I guess that the devs didnt even read the post of that request. However they have promised a major performance patch followed by features patch. I just hope that they will not put us down with their next patch. I have really start feeling like I am playing an early access game.

Yeol
    Participant

The developers (they are only 4 to my knowlegde) went on their “seduce Japan”-campaign last week. So, its rather normal that we did not get a lot of response past week. One week of absence, and “we” are starting to complain they are not listening?

In the support section of this forum, Mikael is answering almost all questions related to bugs that prevent people playing the game. He is quite actif and constructive in his answers. But I noticed also an absence of developers in this section, but I suppose they read and note down what seems interesting and doable.

There is another Train Fever forum, a lot more active then here, but entirely german. I’m not comfortable with the german language, so I stay here. I noticed also that the majority of Train Fever videos posted on Youtube are German. So I presume the game is especially attractive for German players. Why? (open question)

As long as I’m enjoying the game, I will be here to aid within my possibilities people with game play problems. I hope that this forum will continue to be available for the english speaking fans of Train Fever. I’m patient and confident that this game is going to be fantastic. We just have to have faith. 🙂

I’m still enjoying the game a lot, even with it’s challenging interface. Call it another game challenge, and imagine achievements with it: “build a bridge over more then two tracks”, “used more  then 2 station platforms with one line”, “upgraded a railway station successfully”… 😉

coujou
    Participant

It is nice, that developers answer everything about bugs in support section. I don’t give a fuck about bugs in support section. Why there is no statement from developers about new functions? I am not angry, that everything have not been implemented yet, I am angry, that devs don’t find five minutes to tell us WHAT EXACTLY they will bring to us, what they will not and why. Yes, there is some german article, but it is not clear, if it’s a coming patch or TF2. Dear developers, if you read this (and I know you do), please be so kind and tell us, whether you plan to give us demanded functions (waypoints, choose-free-platform, no collisions, less bridge pillars, upgrade tool, x crossings, three-way junctions etc.), or just want to keep our money and make a new game to force us to pay twice. Just say something, silence is the worst of all.

BFalcon
    Participant

Grim: That approach worked great for Cyanide with the Blood Bowl games – they charged £12 I think it was for each game if you owned the previous ones… although a bunch of us just jumped over to the Steam version when they hit the £6 sales mark anyhow.

I’d like for them to bring in what they’ve said, but every designer and builder needs to do a time analysis and work out if it would be quicker and cheaper to start over rather than trying to modify what they have already. The good news for a TF2 would be that they could probably use the existing engine to get some of the more advanced features in while the new engine was being written – some of the more basic functions will want to work very similarly, after all, so the current system might be reusable in the short term, at least (for example map generation, until they can get around to rewriting it, the basic routing, etc).

The second time around should be easier anyhow – not like the first time when you need to build everything you need, very often.

bencze
    Participant

Have some faith, it’s not trivial to make all these kind of modifications in a week or three. They’re human too. Not to mention everyone wants something different, for example I am annoyed by some things and vehicle replacement is low on my priority list, there’s many things that are much more uncomfortable. Did not draft a list yet but a bit more complicated industry with a bit more accessibility for trains and less restrictive building generally (tracks, bridges, junctions etc), ofc with the optimization bit, would be awesome. After all currently I play small map, if game would run in 2000s fine on my machine I’d never play anything but large. 🙂

No one likes to wait for anything. After 2 months of reading and gathering info I just preordered my new bike and they told me it’ll probably arrive end of January. Jesus christ I want it now… you know? 🙂

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by bencze.
    douglas
    Participant

Perhaps I was a bit harsh. The game was launched at the beginning of this month. At least the mods keep me playing.

@DK115
    : What is the waiting-for-a-free-track monster?

@Yeol
    : Germans love trains. Their community on CiM and TF is absurdly more active and with more mods. I wish they would join here and speak english because the majority of them speaks english. But its not the case, so I try to find my way there with google translator. At least in CiM net community, they are friendly with english posts in their forum.

I agree we should wait and hope they implement what they promised, I’m just afraid TF will become CiM. After launch nothing is added beside DLCs and patchs and very small features. And for TF to be great, it needs a lot of features.

I wish someone inside the fundraising campaign would tell us if the game sold well enough for the devs to bring us map editor and multiplayer. If the game didn’t sell well, all this discussion means nothing.

douglas
    Participant

Adding to the list above.

http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/breakdowns/#post-1236

Train Fever will offer tools to handle repetitive tasks.

E.g. there will be a tool which allows to replace all locomotives of a certain type, age or reliability.

I thought I was going crazy, but no. Its really oficial. I was very disappointed when I didn’t see this in the final game. Its a basic feature. Only not necessary if you are a casual player. Anybody that spent at least 10 hours in the game will definitely want an easy way to replace vehicles no matter if its realistic or not. Realism cannot kill gameplay.

General
    Participant

I’d love to see a few features added that may seem marginal, but would improve gameplay a great deal:

1 make “vehicle xxx is dying of old age” popup/roll-in windows optional by a config setting. The way they are implemented at the moment, they are painfully slow and even stop a couple of times in the animation on my 8950. In 1980, i run close to 300 vehicles and i’m in no mood to click away every single one of these boxes. Especially as they tend to come in batches in later years.

2 make the popup window for each newly bought vehicle optional. I assign them to their lines in the “depot” screen, and having 10 of those animated little buggers on the screen makes the game so slow even the mouse pointer is stopping to react.

3 make sure popups like those from (1) don’t overlay already open windows. Also, don’t spawn them behind the “fixed position” ones 😀

Other issues, like replacing stations and tracks in a better way, have been voiced already.

A feature that highlights interruptions in tracks and/or electric lines would also be cool. Looking for such is an absolute nightmare, especially when pesetered by issue (1) 🙂 Same when they come while laying a track.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by General.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I wish for Avenues, Light-rail/Metro systems, One-way roads, easier to create bridges

Yeol
    Participant

I am patient to see the announced modifications, fixed and additions, as a summed up at the start of this tread, arrive. I’m eager to use the announced waypoints and the longer industry chains. They should both add significantly to the dept of game play.

After the arrival of these additions, I will be wishing for more, but until then, I’m looking forward to what we will receive. Step by step… day by day. 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.