Train won't move. Coloured route not showing.

Home Forums General Discussion Train won't move. Coloured route not showing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    FishyFrags
    Participant

One of my lines was running perfectly until it stopped working altogether.  I have no idea on how to fix the problem. All of the signals are fine, I’ve checked and checked them again.

I’ve noticed that although I obviously have a route for them, the coloured line isn’t showing. I can’t delete the line because the 2 trains are on the line and one of them is in a station. I’ve successfully moved the other train to a depot but the one in the station doesn’t want to move. I’ve tried turning the train round manually, and it just doesn’t want to budge.

Any suggestions on what I can try? Unless it is a bug?

Tug
    Participant

It sounds like rails are broken somewhere, or if it is electric, some rails are not electrified.  If it is neither of those, then somehow one of the stops on the line is not able to be reached, either because it no longer exists (deleted and replaced, but not close enough to take the spot), or because it is attached to a different rail altogether.

If none of these is true, then it is beyond my scope of understanding!

Edit : Maybe you told the train to stop?  If you click on one and look in it’s main information window, just below the view of the train is start/stop and reverse buttons.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Tug.
    Foche
    Participant

steam/diesel train or eletric one ?

the only reason for the line to not appear is if you have eletric train without total electric line

bencze
    Participant

Happened to me before with missing part of electricity, or missing rail – in both cases just a tiny portion that was very time consuming and difficult to locate, had to look at rail line closely like 5 times before I noticed it… took me like 15-20 minutes.

FishyFrags
    Participant

Problem solved. I did miss part of the railway upgrading it to an electric line.

Now I have the joys of getting my money back what I’ve lost, that is more than $1M !!

I have both electric and steam running on the line.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello

Same problem for me. I have all track with electricity… but after latest update its not possible to get correct color routing on Mac version of the game.. Even I know that the whole track is electrified. But still the game chooses only one track of the double track I’ve created.

I know that everything is electrified. I even created the tracks from scratch again, but still I have the same issue.

FX2K
    Participant

Same problem for me. I have all track with electricity… but after latest update its not possible to get correct color routing on Mac version of the game.. Even I know that the whole track is electrified. But still the game chooses only one track of the double track I’ve created.

I know that everything is electrified. I even created the tracks from scratch again, but still I have the same issue.

Any chance of uploading a copy of you save game?  I can’t say I have had such an issue, its always been ‘user error’ for me when it did happen.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The issue I have is quite annoying.

When I put the the locomotives out of the track (sell them in depot), then the game manages to find the path, but when I put the trains back on the track, the coloured path color which is for LINE 7 on my map is gone.

This must be a serious bug in the game!?

Its all electrified and the trains simply runs, but without the coloured route,.. they simply stop and out of sudden gets No Path.

My Line 7 have 3 stations. Ive tried to set it right, but still no luck.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here are some images:

1. Here you see Line 7 with its own passenger train. However, the track path color isnt showing

2. Here I’ve ordered the train to go to its depot. Now the route color Line 7 is showing:

3. Now also showing at the same station where Line 7 should be as in picture 1 example:

The whole line is electric. I have 3 depots. One on each side and one at the end. So the trains do run if I tell them to goto depot. So, electricity is not a problem. The issue is that the path somehow doesn’t want to be connected with any trainset that I put on Line 7.

Please help! 🙂

FishyFrags
    Participant

Well, I was going to say I had another problem with a line, but I’ve fixed it.

@Amix – You just have to check the line and see if there’s any problems with it. Check it twice if you need to.

FX2K
    Participant

There could be the smallest of sections,  as small as just a single sleeper, checking zoomed out makes it easy to miss.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi. Thanks..

I did lot of job.. and woooah.. found it.. why so difficult? this should be easier! Look at CitiesInMotion2. They do everything right regarding this.

Also…! I notice that the lines chooses each track of a “bigger” station. Why cant a train find a free platform? Why does it have to follow the coloured route? I am an openttd, cities in motion 2 player. Please fix this 🙂

Best Regards,

Michal

lightrail
    Participant

Amix – the way the game works is the route has to work for all vehicles assigned to it.  So if you assign an electric train to a non-electrified line, or one that is not completely electrified, the colour route line will disappear.  In your example above, when you sent the electric train to the depot, it was removed from the line roster immediately and then the line colour reappeared because all vehicles now assigned could find a path to all the stations.

So simply, some part of your route has a gap in the electric overhead.  To find it, use the electric upgrade tool, hover over track sections and they should show red. If it shows green, then it is not yet electrified.

If you see two pantograph towers close together, zoom in and there’s a good chance the short section between them is non-electrified. Also check cross-over’s too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.