trains age faster than game age?!

Home Forums Support trains age faster than game age?!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    medopu
    Participant

I’ve noticed something.

If brand new train is purchased in year 1950, it should be 10 years old when you reach 1960. But some of my trains purchased in 1950 are 26 years old when i reach 1960.

What’s up with that?

We’ve got enough frustrations replacing vehicles as it is, no need to fasten their age artificially !! Makes it even more frustrating.

Gear_CZE
    Participant

I hav same problem like medopu, please fix it

simonmd
    Participant

Are you sure its not a wagon in that trainset that is 26 years old? I’ve noticed that sometimes it will take the age of the oldest item in the set as the age.

medopu
    Participant

There is very low penalty for reselling bought trains and wagons, which is why I always, ALWAYS sell the lot not just because it isn’t costly but also because in this game, sending a train in depot usually hits your line very badly, because for some reason, as soon as your train is out of the line for 3 seconds, industry thinks that the line is dead for good and starts shipping by road and also downgrading production massively fast. This is why i always try to minimise the train/wagon replacing as much as possible, by going to the depot only when it’s necessary and making sure you upgrade the most in one go, which means I sell all the old at the same time and buy all the new so that i save the line for maybe next 30 years or so … except when trains age very fast which is a problem exactly because leaving line empty to replace the train for just 3 second does chaos in this game.

Dolph
    Participant

@medopu

A little tip that I think works is to have a depot situated so that you can pause the game, send the train to depot and then buy a new train and assign it to the line. Then unpause. The new train now waits for the old in the depot and then starts running. This way I believe there’s always a train on the line. No loss that I’ve noticed.

simonmd
    Participant

Good plan, another tip is remember the pause button and make use of it wisely. I usually try to build my depots at or very near the end of the line, usually right on the end of the platform. That way, the train can come in, drop passengers (finger MUST be hovering over the ‘send to depot’ button), as soon as you get the green money appear for the load dropped off, click send to depot, then, pause as soon as it disappears in the depot. You can then take your time swapping wagons, selling, buying, etc. and you’ll be within the 3 sec rule. This is a good tip if you don’t have the cash to buy a new train before selling the old one or if you just want to add a wagon / coach or two to the existing trainset.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by simonmd.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by simonmd.
    uzurpator
    Participant

simonmd is right on the money. I place depots right at one end of the station. This way:

– train pulls in

– train drops off cargo, money is earned

– send to depot

– pause

– make adjustments

– release the train

No production loss as of yet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.