Trains inexplicabily slowing down.

Home Forums Support Trains inexplicabily slowing down.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Traian Trante
    Participant

Sometimes trains inexplicabily slow down to 70 km/h even thought the track there can support way more than that and there is no train ahead to force this one to slow down.

My best gues is that theres a small piece of track that is curved so that max speed is 70 or something close, however this is not shown on tha map. When i try to lay a track paralel to the one causing slowdowns all I get is high speeds; there is no indication of a low speed piece of track.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Traian Trante.
    Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

This is one the omissions in the game, there is no way of knowing max line speeds after track has been laid.  It’s a pain!

jm764
    Participant

I’ve noticed that too on my newer maps.

Traian Trante
    Participant

Yeah, I found that demolishind a very huge piece a of track and completely rebuilding it solvs the issue, but i’m still having issues narrowing down where exactly the problematic piece of track is….

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Traian Trante.
    mackintosh
    Participant

Apologies for the necro post, but was this issue ever resolved? I spent literal days designing my perfect high speed line and this bug has completely ruined the fun and put me off playing this game again :/

mackintosh
    Participant

So, I’m going to assume that this isn’t going to be fixed? I started a new map and sure enough, once high speed rails came along, the bug reappeared. No rhyme or reason as to why. It’s literally on every singe high speed line I’ve built, at seemingly random points. Sometimes demolishing and rebuilding helps, sometimes it just teleports the bug somewhere else. Seeing how the last patch is about to hit, it’d be nice to know whether this issue has been fixed, or whether I should move on and invest my free time in other endavours. This game has enough issues as it is, this one really is a nail to the coffin.

pejx72
    Participant

I found the exact same frustration. To investigate further, I played around with the MDL files for some favourite trains (for me mainly the DualStoxx), adjusting power, tractive effort, weight and top speed in various combinations. What I have found is that if you make a train faster, lighter, more powerful, etc, you get some amazing performance in some places but then it screws up in other places. No matter what combinations I try from moderate “improvements” to extreme ones (e.g. insane power/tractive effort, lower weight and a top speed of 300km/h) the averaged results on any given journey do not beat the original vanilla settings. If I wanted to be kind to the TF developers I would say that they probably put in some kind of “physics” algorithm to prevent people modding trains in stupid ways that made the game totally unrealistic. On the other hand, maybe it is just broken… thoughts, anyone?

mackintosh
    Participant

Ok, after playing around a bit, the problem appears to be two-fold.

The first issue is that when track built for 120km/h gets upgraded to 300km/h, there is no way to tell what the actual max speeds on this track are going to be. Furthermore, it seems that sometimes even though the track appears to be visibly upgraded, there are invisible sections that remain speed restricted. This is conjecture on my part, but in absence of any additional evidence, I believe it to be a fact.

The second issue is with train braking. Trains that travel at a velocity greater than the Vmax of a given section of track will slow down to 80km/h (or thereabouts) in order to negotiate it before accelerating again. As long as your track Vmax is above your train’s traveling velocity, this will not happen. So, even if you design a stretch of track that has, say, a Vmax of 230km/h, but the train approaches is at a higher speed, say, for example, 245km/h, it will not slow down to 230km/h, but will instead brake and continue decelerating to around 80km/h, even after long having cleared that section of the track.

The only workaround to these issues is to rebuild the entire track from scratch, making sure there are no stretches of track or curves with a Vmax lower than that of the fastest train you plan on using on that particular section of the track.

Anyway, I’m done with TF seeing how they’re done with patches and these issues have neither been acknowledged nor fixed in the final release. Sadly, I will not be buying further titles from this developer, as it is glaringly obvious they are perfectly happy with leaving game-breaking issues unresolved.

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

I agree!

These are serious bugs that should be fixed.  Urban game should acknowledge this produce another ‘final’ patch to fix these and any other other unresolved bugs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.