Trains on same track?

Home Forums Support Trains on same track?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Instilation00
    Participant

I do not know if I am doing something wrong or not, but I cannot seem to get two trains to go on the same track at the same time, going the same way or facing each other. I have loops at cargo and passenger stations, and signals, but when both are going the same direction, the one in back stops half way across the map and waits for the other train.

pantner
    Participant

I think it works on sections of track between platforms and possibly intersections.

I may be wrong, but the only way I know of to help is to put signals as different points. Once the first loco goes past the first signal the second loco will start to move to it, and so on.

nickos111
    Participant

You should see railroads as different parts. There can only be 1 train on 1 part of railroad. U can seperate railroad pieces by placing signals.

Railroad stations already have a signal build in (altho you cant see it).

Instilation00
    Participant

alright, I started a new game, and have a double track and two trains, but still one will not go, it just waits on the other side of the map while the other trains moves. I have passes, but the train ignores them.

RickD
    Participant

you need to use signals at the passing points otherwise 1 train will wait at the station until there other one arrrives

Instilation00
    Participant

alright fixed it, but now I have a new question. I have a double rail line and three double cargo station. I have one train delivering oil to one, then getting cargo and taking it to a city. I then added another train, and my money count dropped big time, and again, one train would stop and wait forever.

pantner
    Participant

Using Signals, you can set them to “one way” only. You might need to do that to force one loco onto the other side of the double track.

You should also put signals just outside the station so that if the platform is occupied the loco will move to the closest signal. No signals means it won’t move at all.

And unless you force it onto different platforms, the same ‘line’ will always use the same platform, even if others are free.

I generally prefer to do a double platform. One track leads to the raw material, the other leads to the city and have one (or more) loco(s) on each. Then make each section double track as much as possible using one way signals to force them onto opposite tracks. If you have more than 2 locos you will need to put normal signals down the track to break the track into sections so that they all keep moving.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by pantner.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.