Trains on stations?

Home Forums General Discussion Trains on stations?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Grek
    Participant

Hi there!

How trains will turn on stations? it will be implemented like in original TTD, or will be more realistic?

thanks in advance

sorry for possible mistakes. my english is not native language

jm764
    Participant

They seem to “flip” like the old TTD/Loco trains do. I think trains with two engines on each end will just go in reverse instead of flipping around, not too sure though.

Grek
    Participant

it will be very good in case the developers will make behavior of trains on stations more realistic.

At least, add option “forbid flip trains on stations”. Imho, it is what doesn’t suffice in games like Trainfever/open ttd.

Azrael
    Participant

I would like to see Train turning stations, for those, who turn off this magical train flipping.
    This would give some flair.

Auf Deutsch auch nochmal, als Schweizer versteht ihr mich ja:
    Solche Lokdrehstationen, wie sie ja früher vorallem in der Dampflokära eingesetzt wurden, wären wunderbar, wenn man diese magische Zugumdreherei abschalten kann, das hat mich schon seit jeher, egal in welcher Eisenbahnmanagementsimulation, gestört und würde für ein wenig mehr Atmosphäre sorgen.

Mfg

Grek
    Participant

like this?

Azrael
    Participant

year like this, if there needs to be a water crane or a coal refueling station and so on, depends on the depth of the supply system.

Grek
    Participant

coal refuelling station will be also cool. i hope devs will pay their attention to realistic supply chains.

CrimsonSky
    Participant

Well in modern stations when a train arrives at terminal and has to revert they attach a locomotive on the other end of the train. So there should be something showing a new locomotive approching and starting dragging the train in the opposite direction.
    I don’t know if it’s possible.
    It’s also true that most highspeed trains today are “standalone” so they can revert their direction at any moment.

I hope the devs will tell us more about this.

Tegron
    Participant

It would be great if you could customize the train setup. Like choose how many locomotives you want if you need a longer train to pull heavy load…

Or be able to have more modern trains on both end so once the train arrives at the station it could just switch to the other train at its end for pull/push.

Grek
    Participant

if i understand correctly, train fever inspired by open ttd (and some others), where you can setup your train

cHabu
    Participant

It all depens on how realistic the developers will make this game.

Berry
    Participant

I don’t think there will be a very realistic way of turning a train around.

At first everything will go smoothly, but after a while you will expand your company and multiple trains will probably have to stop at one station. If the locs have to go around the wagons to reverse or drive to a turntable, they wont be able to do that if there are already 5 trains waiting on the tracks to load/unload.

So I expect that ‘in the early days’ trains will just flip around (unfortunatly) and when the more advanced trains will come, the they can just reverse, ’cause most have a loc on each end.

Grek
    Participant

Berry

imho, best compromize, its make difficulty levels: realistic and normal, or something like this.

As for me – ima tired to looking for realistic and well looking train tycoons. (playing OTTD now)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.