Tram vs Bus?

Home Forums General Discussion Tram vs Bus?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    strawberrymilk
    Participant

Has anyone found any reason to build tram apart from bus?

nickos111
    Participant

Maybe theyre faster, higher numbers of passangers, longer lasting? I actually dont know.

jorgenRe
    Participant

Trams are great during the earlier games, but later on ive found trams(Max 70 km/h) being just too slow compared to buses(max 100 km/h) since people will choose to use the cars if it’s too slow.

But and heres  the last treem seems to be there forever, but in the connfig it is commented out that it will be removed in the year 2010 i think or earlier, atleast it means a new and better tram is on i’ts way already 😉

strawberrymilk
    Participant

Hmm they should make them dedicated for different things, since honestly i would rather build buses then trams. I could see trams being useful in traffic heavy streets and long roads.

Jwoo
    Participant

Later in the game I am 2020. I deleted every bus and link due to they were at – 50k then put a tram track in 2 trams they now make 100k,  it seems like they want to get on a tram not a bus now., I also made a ring road around my city 3 lane motorway and put trams on that 4 trams to go around city each at full and making 450k

jorgenRe
    Participant

Hmm interesting 😉
    Atleast i will increase the passenger capacity of the cobra(i think thats what its called the newest tram)

Because it should be able to carry more atleast 40 when the real cobra can carry 90/113)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trams_in_Z%C3%BCrich

Javis
    Participant

How does one actaully get a tram going ?….

I get a pop-up saying a first tram is available. I put up a tram track, add a tram station, go into the road vehicle depot to buy a tram, no tram available……

Thanks very much for any hints/tips/trams..

stmprn35
    Participant

@Javis: U need to build tram depot

Javis
    Participant

Ok, i’ll go stand in the corner with my dunce hat on. Thanks, mate ! 🙂

SirSac
    Participant

I have had great success with trams early on to simply ferry people from a passenger train station to the core of a city on medium / large stops. I let the bus lines pick up from there and handle the main city transportation line.

Trams do not get stuck behind cars (at least on large roads with tram lines)

Azrael
    Participant

I think, that very early, so in the era of horses, horse trams and steam trams have no superiority over coaches + costs for tram tracks, so I didn’t bought them back then.
    But, I think its the third tram, the little green one, was the first to transport more passengers and to be faster than the coaches at the time.
    Later on, I’m now in 1965 with T1-Trams, I use them, because imho, although busses can alrdy go 80 km/h and the tram can go only 60 km/h, the busses will never reach those 80, not in the city, since they reach the next stop before they hit 60 km/h + they cost more in maintanance than my T1 trams.
    So I stick to those trams and have nearly no use for the available bus vehicles.

I think, those buses are not meant to be used in intra city transport, imho they’re more meant as alternative to trains, when you’re either low on money or try to achieve the truck fever achievement, because I think, they could easily hit their 80 km/h outside the cities, when they don’t have to slow down or stop that often.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Azrael.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.