Truck Depot Traffic Jam

Home Forums General Discussion Truck Depot Traffic Jam

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RickD
    Participant

Came across this just now, 2 trucks loading in a station and a third truck is unable ot pass them to unload its cargo. This need to be fixed or there is no point in having stations that can hold 6-8 trucks. 

Be really interesting to see what the devs come up with in their first game improvement patch, I have held off being negative until now but there is just more and more little annoying bugs that pop up every day. I have to wonder to what extent this game was actually tested before release

xynix
    Participant

I solved this by making more stations and many of them for large distribution centers. The smaller stations can hold two lines better than the larger stations. You can see where I have two lines on the two docks. As I expand I’ll replace the large centers with smaller ones so they can handle two lines each. It doesn’t matter where you put the lines as the industry will deliver to each station based on lines. In this case I’m moving goods to 5 different cities.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by xynix.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by xynix.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I find it annoying that when I link a line to a truck stop (normal or large) and the truck stop can hold 18? cargo per platform that it doesn’t let me use more then one platform to unload/load.

And yeah the work around works but its absurd to build multiple trops when just one should be able to handle it without clogging everything up.

bencze
    Participant

At some point I had issues with the above improved setup as well, because trucks waiting in queue blocked the road as well (when using low capacity vehicles especially, I use several for a line sometimes to get decent frequency, otherwise stuff goes on foot).

Nowdays I don’t set full load, it seems unnatural to me to be honest but I am not sure i that constant bouncing increases running cost (probably doesn’t) so in fact it shouldn’t matter whether you use full load or not (perhaps it’s not so easy to establish number of vehicles needed at a glance that’s all).

RickD
    Participant

looks like an efficient way to do it xynix, but cowamundo is right,… we should have to build multiple stops when 1 stop has the capacity to handle it but the game has a bug that doesn’t allow it to

xynix
    Participant

Oh I know. Just working around bugs seems to be half of the “gameplay” here. Let’s not even discuss trying to upgrade rail or especially upgrading a train station.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.