Unrealistically Fast Time Compared To Speeds

Home Forums General Discussion Unrealistically Fast Time Compared To Speeds

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mad
    Participant

So it takes almost a month for a bus to complete a relatively small route.

Is it me or is time completely broken now and the speeding up option is not even fast enough.

Parsiuk
    Participant

Well, I think that’s just a representation of bus using a route over time. If you’d have to watch it every day, completing the same route over and over again, the game would become so boring that you would never made it 1900’s. 😉 That’s a good balance between realism and playability basically.

Varana
    Participant

Even with maximum speed, the bus will take the same amount of time. That month only passes faster for you.

You have to compromise there in some way. If it were real time (or closer to real time), you would have two options:

The game time passes incredibly slow. It’d take ages to even reach the year 1900.

Or, the vehicles would run incredibly fast. Let’s say that your bus would, in reality, take one hour to complete its route. On slow speed, the game takes only seconds for one day. Your bus would have to run fast enough to complete the whole route 24 times in about two seconds.

Maybe take the individual bus or train as a symbol, or an abstraction. It’s not really an individual bus but a game representation of the buses running that line during a few months. Or something like that.

That’s a compromise all these games have to make, not only transport simulations. In Civilization, it can take you hundreds of years to move an army from A to B. On the plus side, you don’t have to actually play for 6000 years, which would be quite difficult. 😉

Kekoas
    Participant

I also agree time moves too quickly, but for different reasons than the OP.

I don’t mind that routes take X months, what I don’t like is the speed at which you’re in 2015, it’s far too fast. I would like a modifier so that the game calendar runs at around 50-75% of it’s current slowest.

Even with the small amount of trains, and even smaller road amount of road vehicles, I feel rushed in to upgrading to newer models. I would like to enjoy each era for a much longer time (at least double). Now, when DLC and Mods become more common, it will feel even worse. You’ll be passing decades so quickly that you don’t get to enjoy the transition of the era to the modern vehicles of the time.

I would also like all calculation to remain the same, as this would have little effect on a slower time progression. It would certainly not make it easier, if you’re going to gain money, yes you gain twice as much in a game year if running at half the speed, BUT you still play for the same length of real time as you would normally. With the same token, you’d lose double the money if you’d made a mistake.

Lolly4tw
    Participant

i agree too, let us choose the timescale, i would try 10, 20 or even 50 times slower

at the moment, if you want to enjoy a ride with a train you are wasting many months or even years on longer routes

together with the horrible time it takes to load / unload big numbers of passengers / cargo, this are the 2 biggest problems the game has

vinkandoi
    Participant

+1 from me

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.