Updating video drivers

Home Forums Support Updating video drivers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Atomius
    Participant

I read the stickied topic re: common issues and as the game cashes after loading the map methought the driver update issue was my issue, so I go to Intel’s website and after much effort get the automatic driver updater to scan my laptop and it detects I have the correct and most uptodate driver for my machine, and says to contact Packard Bell,so I assume the driver is the most uptodate then. It says

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer. A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

Florius
    Participant

“It detects I have the correct and most uptodate driver for my machine,” so what is the problem?

Atomius
    Participant

The problem is the game isnt working despite this and according to the common issues thread it is due to not having most recent graphics drivers installed.

So i dont know what to do

I dont think my laptop has two graphics cards. It just has Intel HD graphics.

As an investor its sort of a letdown not being able to play it.

drwho
    Participant

Hi Atomius …. there is an issue with Intel HD Graphics  …. I invested £19.99 in the game after discussions on here at the weekend and  I use both Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on the same machine ….. it works ok ish on the ubuntu machine but due to having McAfee I have further problems with getting the game to run.

Will be trying as I have been for the past two weeks to get some sort of statement from the firm behind train fever as to clarification of their statement they hope to improve support for HD graphics card.

I am using the latest driver of the Intel site that mentions Iris Pro and that appears to be ok!

I have a Asus Machine it’s software says I have the latest drivers but when I go on their website there are more modern ones.

Will be back on here on Fri / Sat with hopefully a more specific answer after trying to get some specific results

Regard

Dr Who

Atomius
    Participant

Well good to see im not the only one and that i have taken all steps as per instructions. Shall await further information.

ShiningDragon
    Participant

The old Intel HD Graphics is NOT able to deliver OpenGL version 3.2, which is necessary for Train-Fever. It is only able to deliver up to OpenGL 2.1.

Intel HD Graphics 2nd generation and newer (HD 2×00, HD 3×00) are technically able to run Train-Fever. But even with an Intel HD 4600 (tested besides my NV GTX 760) the joy is very limited, because integrated graphic solutions doesn’t have dedicated video ram (but off the very expensive Intel Iris).

The V-RAM usage grows a lot while playing. The graphic is great, the details of the game marvelous – but it needs v-ram. A lot of it. And fast, not the shared and slow system-memory.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.