Vehcile Replacement Feature

Home Forums General Discussion Vehcile Replacement Feature

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    hert
    Participant

I dont know if this has been talked about. But it becomes a real burden having to individually replacing large fleets. I hope there is some tool that makes replacing vehicles easy. OpenTTD I think offers the best way and would be cool for something like that in this game. Anyways looking forward to release.

jm764
    Participant

That would be a great help… it’s a pain to try to replace 100+ locomotives one at a time… don’t EVEN get me started about the 500+ trucks and buses…

Azgheros
    Participant

ake an easier system for vehicle replacement! Please.

Kromi
    Participant

+1 !

dragoncar
    Participant

An easier way to replace vechiles is defentaly line needed. Perferable per line along side the return to depot and sell button. Would be good to have two options. One to replace with the same vechile as it currently is and one to replace with a choosen vechile.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes. This option would really help. Replacing 100+ trucks is not fun. Just let me select list of vehicles, select the replacement and that shoudl be it. all these vehicles will be sent to depot and sold. And new vehicles will be produced in that depot with same lines assigned. Then replacing 100+ vehicles would be a matter of minutes.

hert
    Participant

Ya hope we get a replacement feature soon. Its a pain to replace even small fleets of vehicles.

Azrael
    Participant

Hmm, sounds like a nice idea to replace all vehicles of a certain type with one click, though it doesn’t relive you of taking care with exchanging trains, because they can easily get stuck on their way to the depot.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Azrael:  true. But still it would save a lot of time.

It should be possible even with trains. Just update the way how return to depot works. Instead of going straight to depot and getting stuck on crossings etc, just let the train follow the schedule until it is one crossing from the depot. I dont know how other people, but I have one depo next to each line. So as long as the train is following the schedule, it will pass next to depo eventually.

i know that not everybody has it build this way. So maybe two buttons “rerutn when possible” and “forced return” would be needed. One waiting for the depo to be one crossing away. Second leaving the schedule a pathfinding its way to nearest depo.

nereksnad
    Participant

I only have trains and i don’t mind manually sending them to depo and selling them, but it would be nice to have a feature that makes the train/vehicle go to the depo, and get upgraded,  and then return to the line. That would make things alot easier, especially for people who have micro management.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This!! +1

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here is something i made with paint (hehe) how i think a simple vehicle replacement feature could look like.

Replacement screens

jorgenRe
    Participant

@Cowamundo Count me as suupporting to your way!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Old one moving to the depot plus being sold and new one going to the same line has to be automated ofc.

grimdanfango
    Participant

I think at least for buses/trucks/trams, an ideal tool would let you set the type of vehicle allocated to the route, and the number of them, plus a “replace after x years old” field.  If you want to refit a fleet of horse-and-carts with the latest trucks, you don’t necessarily want the same number, as the new vehicles will be far more effective.  A fleet refit could just ask you to update the vehicle type and quantity for the line, and once you hit “okay”, it would handle the selling and buying.

You could even give the refit a priority, so you could order several refits at once, and it’ll buy the highest priority vehicles first as funds become available.

I’m not so sure about trains… there are a lot more complications.  I suppose it could still be given as an option, and then it’s up to you whether you want to use it, or handle replacement manually.

I’ve been playing on Hard difficulty, and when it comes to replacing trains, or even refitting with extra carriages, I have to be incredibly careful that I don’t take them out of commision at the wrong moment, or I risk setting myself back a couple of years in lost revenue!  Hard mode is brutal 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.